Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: avatars
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Romulas
Ok, How does one setup a cool avatar? I go into the my controls and edit avatar settings and the only choices are pre-installed ones, it doesn't give any options for uploading your own.

Am I missing something?

THanks for the help.

Romulas
smr49
Translation: One accepts the default avatar choices as "as cool as it gets", barring a little work on your part. wink.gif

Thanks for the link, Sir-Kill -- now I know what my paths are to get a fancy avatar... cool.gif
Baronius
Actually, the "official" thread is this one: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=15

It also includes: "you have actively participated in any Black Wyrm's Lair project". Which is true in your case, smr49 smile.gif
So you can choose a portrait from here, and a custom subtitle of your choice. You can either tell it here or just PM me.

By the way, this thread will be moved to the Belching Dragon Tavern soon (it's not IA-related), so you will be able to find it there.
smr49
Awwww, that's mighty generous of you to offer... wub.gif

However, I wouldn't dream of just buying my way in -- when I finish a battle retelling for Sikret and IA, I would be honored to earn a cool title. It'll probably be January though, the way the Holidays are going... wacko.gif

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays to all!
Baronius
Beside supporting BWL, you've also posted several useful comments in the IA forum smile.gif

But as you wish, I'll gladly hear your portrait/title choice in the new year then!
berelinde
Even though I'm usually rabidly in favor of increased user options, I kind of like the avatar awards program. It's incentive to be a productive member of the community.

In a way, a shield suits my forum name quite well: the name was derived from an Old English name meaning shield-bearer. I just picked one that looked vaguely pre-11th century West Saxon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.