Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mod idea: gap-filling mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
jastey
Hi everybody,
how about a mod that fills the gap between BG1 and BGII? It would explain why you now have Jaheira, Imoen and Minsc in your party (even if you never had while playing BG1), and how you where abducted by Jon Irenicus. Some little quests to pep up the story. Would you be interested in such a mod, so while playing Baldur's Gate Trilogy or Bg1 Tutu - BGII you really had the "full story"?

EDIT: OK, OK, maybe I should have checked the BGT pages beforehand. OF COURSE the transition is covered there - stupid me. *sigh*

*starts humming a happy tune after realizing that a lot of work was just taken away again*
hlidskialf
If someone wanted to mod an alternate and/or expanded sequence I'm sure the community would welcome it. People love to customize their games all different which-ways.
Awake
I haven't played BGT yet, so i don't know if that idea would work, because what about the people that did have them in their party?
Chevar
BG2 really dissapointed me. They had an imoen clone in the first dungeon. I fully expected the character to have to fight himself at sone level, and find out he's a clone.

it is however a possibility for a segway. have an encounter with irenicus at the end of BG1, he leaves after getting blood on his blade.. you use clues to follow him to Amn. The shadow thieves claim to know where to find him, and go with you on an expedition into his dungeon to try to find him.. a mage portals the group into the portal in the back of the bg2 start area. the cutscene plays while you're behind the door. all of the characters in tehre are clones.. and it continues from there.
Awake
hmm... if i get your idea right, it reminds me of a movie. I can't place which it is, but i'm sure there is a movie like that. I don't remember the Imoen clone though. When was that?
hlidskialf
QUOTE(Chevar @ Sep 24 2004, 01:00 AM)
BG2 really dissapointed me. They had an imoen clone in the first dungeon. I fully expected the character to have to fight himself at sone level, and find out he's a clone.

The clone wasn't of Imoen, but of Ellesieme. (The elven queen.)
jastey
@Chevar: Do you mean Imoen seemed like a clone to you? I have to say I was utterly disappointed when I first saw her in BGII. Changed portrait, changed voice, changed spirit... Different person, and I didn't like her. Well, it's kind of consistent after what happened to her, but still. AND then she gets abducted and the game requires you free her and I just thought: Hey, I don't *want* to go searching for her and then when she comes back she is 3 levels behind! As a mage, so I have to get all the spells for her etc.! dry.gif

Your idea is not bad, although I would like to find a way to close the gap without making so many changes (not being abducted but follow Irenicus out of free will, having clones in the Irenicus dungeon, etc.)
I will think of my idea and post it.

@hlidskialf: Thanks, after knowing BGII for several years now it's the first time I understood the clone was of Ellisime wacko.gif
Chevar
QUOTE(hlidskialf @ Sep 24 2004, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE(Chevar @ Sep 24 2004, 01:00 AM)

The clone wasn't of Imoen, but of Ellesieme. (The elven queen.)

hmm the one in the start dungeon? hmm I coulda sworn.. oh well. Can you tell I removed all that from mine? wink.gif
Awake
Thanks, after knowing BGII for several years now it's the first time I understood the clone was of Ellisime 

i still have trouble believing it. i do agree with the imoen clone. i hate how she has the short hair, it's pink, etc. what the heck happened to her? she had nice long brown hair in bg1. and the paperdolls make her look worse. and her attitude is different, etc. i really started disliking imoen. i'm usually a thief every time i play so that i don't have to spend money on scrolls for her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.