Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screenshot bg1qp
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Sir-Kill
As suggested; a picture of a drow building in one of the many areas to come in your new venture through the underdark. Hope you like it.

jastey
That looks marvellous!
(Being one of the BG1Questpack team members now I'm not writing this to "illegitimately" increase the number of positive feedbacks but because I'm seeing this picture the first time, too. smile.gif )
Vlasák
Sir-Kill: very nice cool.gif
hlidskialf
Nice, it's quite in-theme with the other drow homes. *Awaits the release of a tile-pack...* tongue.gif
Salk
Really marvellous! If all locations are drawn with such skill I expect the graphic to be astonishing! I hope to see more pics here! wink.gif
Sir-Kill
here is another screenshot there will be more in a clp of days the map is 90% done just some lighting and items lying about
Domi
This is pretty - sort of foresty touch on Drow arcitecture smile.gif
Sir-Kill
well that is not good, it is not what I was going for, tho the whole area is dominated by green, but for a reason. I'll load another SS when i get back home. (if I remember) smile.gif unfortunately the tis messed it up a bit
Baronius
Mold is not uncommon in the Underdark... maybe these drow lost their servants in a fight and noone can clean the house...

Mold would look different I know...
but who cares! I like your building very much!
igi
It's so unfair that I possess no graphical skill at all.

Nice work.
Sir-Kill
thanks for the kind words all.
well I posess on mod skill at all smile.gif
Awake
Nice, but the ground looks a little off. It doesn't look very easy to walk on, for some reason. But good work, nonetheless.
Salk
I like very much the first and last screenshot. Not the middle one instead...For one thing, it reminds me too much of Baldur's Gate 2 Underdark (I have vague memories but is it sort of ripped from it even ?) and for the other, the colouring is confusing. Extremely good instead, I repeat, the first two screenshots... cool.gif
Sir-Kill
There is a very limited amount of pic's that I can get of underdark so yes it is ripped from soa. I am not an artist as in I can not create something new on the scale of a large city.

anyway here is propabaly the last screen shot (and my fav.) of this city
Awake
Nice. I think that would look really great if you had the center of the room actually swirling around.
Salk
I like the last picture too. All are very nice except the one ripped from BG2 as it gives this extremely unpleasant sense of deja vu for all the people that have played both games. I would strongly advise about trying and replacing it with another one. I can understand finding pictures of the Underdark to implement might be difficult, but using one that was in Baldur's Gate 2 seems not really a good idea...Keep it up, SirKill! wink.gif
Lord-Jyssev
umm i am pretty sure they are all from the underdark in bg2... also, a note to sk, pst maps have very drow-looking buildings *says this after looking at community assets* some could be darkened and well, drowified by adding spikes ect...
Sir-Kill
this is a shot of an interior for a house in the drow city
Galactygon
Am I correct to assume you used a 3D modeling tool in this? The structures look quite nice, although I might make 2 alterations:
1.) Give some texture to your walls and the like
2.) Reduce the lighting to a dim lights and more shadows, since it is underground and the torches don't give off that much light.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
yep max7, thanks
the lighting level was more for my own viewing, so that will probably be toned down.
walls? I cant see any walls in the image, what are you refering to?
Galactygon
Not necessarily walls, but the structures are a bit too plain/one-coloured and they have no texture/bump-mapping (for example, the railings are a simple yellow colour). Something that fits with the rest of the architecture would be nice.

-Galactygon
ronin69hof
One word..... WOW!!!

beer.gif

ronin
Salk
Very nice, Sir-Kill! Keep it up! thumb.gif
b04rng
Sounds great, all of it!
But when is the mod actually released??
Baronius
No idea. I doubt it will finished in 2006.
b04rng
Wow...that's quite some time...
But does anyone know if there is a mod that IS compatible with BG Tutu, that makes the enemies (preferably all of them) more difficult?
I've tried with BG-Harder Patch and Heart of Fury, but neither of them seems to work with Tutu...

Any ideas guys?

BTW, I think it's possible to make the spells in BG1 looks as in BG2...does anyone remember how to do that?
NiGHTMARE
But does anyone know if there is a mod that IS compatible with BG Tutu, that makes the enemies (preferably all of them) more difficult?

I don't know about existing mods, but there's one in development ATM. You can find out the details here.
Sir-Kill
Galactygon, I toned down the general lighting added a few local lights. there are textures on the gold and red areas. The gold I wanted smooth but made it a bit more bumpy I left the red alone.
Borsook
QUOTE(b04rng @ Nov 28 2005, 08:24 PM)
Wow...that's quite some time...
I've tried with BG-Harder Patch and Heart of Fury, but neither of them seems to work with Tutu...

Any ideas guys?

BTW, I think it's possible to make the spells in BG1 looks as in BG2...does anyone remember how to do that?

My MixMod includes a harder enemies component for all IE games (including tutu and BGT)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.