Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd Behavior
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
kix
Has anyone else ever had Jon Irenicus refuse to teleport when he's losing in the Spellhold battle with the loosed inmates; and instead chase the party around the room, into the corridor, back into the room, ad nauseum?

I finally had to bait him back into the laboratory, shut the door, head for the stairs and get Saemon Havarian to whisk me outta the place. blink.gif

kix
berelinde
Is it possible that you were doing so much damage to him that it confused his script.

I've had that happen in the final battle in hell, and also with Reijek.
kix
berelinde, that's possible.
I had centered a silence spell just behind him, and he was literally surrounded by six melee fighters; 3 elementals, 2 fighters and a cleric. My main fighter had Prot vs Magic and being that close it looked like its shell at least partially covered him, so he probably used up all his spells leaving him only physical attacks after that. I had the AI on for over 10 minutes, so I'm sure I did thousands of HP damage [he stayed at "Near Death" for a long time, its kind of a shame that the game wouldn't let me re-write the ending].
I hadn't anticipated "confusing" his script though and was surprised to have him following me in some sort of electronic rage.

It stopped me from utilizing his magic mirror to follow him into the underdark, so the only recourse was Havarian and the pirate ship. Thanks for warning me about the final battle, how did you bypass that glitch? Reload a save?

kix

Ardanis
It stopped me from utilizing his magic mirror to follow him into the underdark, so the only recourse was Havarian and the pirate ship. Thanks for warning me about the final battle, how did you bypass that glitch? Reload a save?
In my case I tried to heal him with ctrl-R but AFAIR it was of no help. So, reload was a way for me.
berelinde
Reload is the only option at that point. Now, I'm more careful about what I hit him with.

Talk about being too busy to die.
kix
Berelinde - Thanks for the warning, I'll go easier on him.

Your last line is great stuff - metaphysically.
Shouldn't we all just be - 'too busy to die'?

kix
kix
More Odd Behavior in SoA.

I'm beginning to think this game has it in for me.
When one of my characters gets taken by the Demon of Selfishness, he stays 'Held' no matter what I do.

I've spent 3 days of the game clock waiting, used Remove Paralysis, Dispel Magic and Remove Magic [I even tried Stone to Flesh]; and he's still held.
I've reloaded, stripped him of his stuff. And he's still held, although the 'Held' icon on the portrait shifts position during different loads.

I've got SoA [without ToB], official patch, G3 Fixpack and Tweakpack. The odd thing was that this didn't happen before the patch, fixpack and tweakpack were installed.

Anyone else have this prob or is Hell just out to get me. sad.gif

kix
berelinde
It's out to get you.

You weren't, by any chance, trying to use an old save, were you?

In any case, you should probably shoot a post over to the G3 forum about this odd behavior. The moderators are very good about quick responses, and are quite comfortable talking about unconventional installations.

Three days is to long to spend held.
kix
Thanks berelinde, I took your advice and posted there.

kix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.