Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RPG: Age of Decadence
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Rabain
Just read an interview over at Gamebanshee on this new title in development:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/ageofdecadence1.php

It seems interesting even if the 3D graphics are a bit dated now but at least they seem to be concious of the direction they wish to go:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

After looking at the screenshots I think this game could grow on me if the dialog options live up to the designers intentions.

Worth a look at least!
WizWom
"A working monitor will greatly enhance your experience. "
Truer words were never spoken. trying to play a 3D game without any sort of monitor is a difficult thing :-)

"It looks like something that crawled out of 1995." Hrm; There was a Dark Sun adventure done a couple years before that that was actually pretty darn nice looking, as far as it goes; graphically about the level of BG1. So, I'd have to wait and see.
balduran
The grpahics are ancient indeed, but the floor tiles look nice enough. This might be an interesting title.
K'aeloree
The actual graphics are a bit bleh, yeah; the GUI graphics just make me want to wail and cry. Haven't peopled LEARNT that a pretty GUI really helps draw players??

Those sorts of things are quite possible within the IE engine, conversation-wise; I mean... how is having different solutions to a quest depending on who you know an original idea? =/

I'm undecided as to whether its something to look forward to from my side... I guess I'll have to wait and see. XD
WizWom
If the quest solutions availiable depended on ratios of reputations it would be very difficult to do in IE. IE Scripting, while Turing complete, does not lend itself to such math.
Rabain
It's not so much that its original but that no one else is currently doing a dialog heavy and dialog driven quest solution game at the moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.