Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portrait Edits
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Kiwi Rose
OK, I know a lot of these may seem familar, and some may not. I used to be rather active in the Forgotten Wars portrait forum, lost my interent connection (again) fo awhile, and I came back and it was gone. Sure, there are plenty of great BG communities online, but I got lazy.

Now, I figured it was time to start posting my edits again. I'm hoping for some encouraging feedback, maybe I'll start making more, and doing more in-depth editing. I had an old forum that was miraculaously still online, so I turned it into my storage space for portraits I've edited, and a plce for people to request some as well. That way, if I ever do dissappear again, I can still be gotten ahold of when I get to the library.

To start off, some old Viconia edits. One of these is an edit of an edit, so if anyone knows the original editor, I'd be ever so greatful to know.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Next, a Jaheria edit. This one is about a year old.
IPB Image
I added a little color to her cheeks and lips, a little blue to her braid ties, and turned up the corner of her mouth ever so slightly.

Some Anomen Edits
These are about 6 months old... and done out of pure bordeom.

Edwin
IPB Image
Didn't like the old portrait, didn't like the new portrait. So I combined them.

Edwina
IPB Image IPB Image
Eww on the first, yay on the second. These are both two years old or so. The second one is being used by Baronius for a mod, so please don't use it for anything besides personal use.

Now, I'd like to apologize for the "Kiwi" credit on them. I origianlly had versions w/o the credit, but in a recent move from computer to laptop, I lost them. sad.gif If someone has one of my old, un-credited copies, I love to have them.

So, should I keep making/editing portraits? I find it fun, and had two featured in a mod, though I've lost both those portraits. tongue.gif

Check out my bg portrait site for request info, and to see more portraits. I'll post more here as I make them.
jastey
These are very nice edits. I especially like the Viconia without the leather. thumb.gif
Baronius
Nice work! Including the "red Anomen", and the new Edwin -- the latter one is a great combination of the two portraits!
Kiwi Rose
Thank you both for your kind comments. ^_~

I've always had a thing for red and blue together, which is why I think I used red in that anomen Edit. As for the Viconia w/o the leather, I belive I found a portrait like that, and re-colroed the hood, skin and such.

Here are two more:

IPB Image

An edit for Finellach, a member on my forum. Just a quick background edit. I also lightened the skin and armor.

IPB Image

This is something I did for fun after doing the above request. After I finsihed it and showed it to Finellach, I realized the moon should be on the other side of his head because of the aparent lighting on his face and armor. Maybe I'll fix it later.
WizWom
er, no; unless he's somehow being lit from underneat by the moon!

if the moon is behind him at all, then he has to be front-lit by something else entirely; in this case, firelight, it seems.
Baronius
Excellent edits; perfect portrait for an evil, or a good but embittered warrior. thumb.gif
Kiwi Rose
QUOTE(WizWom @ Sep 7 2006, 01:03 AM) *

er, no; unless he's somehow being lit from underneat by the moon!

if the moon is behind him at all, then he has to be front-lit by something else entirely; in this case, firelight, it seems.

Very true. I just figured it woul look better, none the less. But thank you for your input!

Christine A. as Viconia
IPB Image
This is at least two years old. happy.gif;

Viconia Nymph Series
IPB Image IPB Image

My Viconia Nymph series. Spring, Summer, 2 versions of Autumn and Winter. Summer's my favorite. These are about two years old, but they were re-touched a little about a year ago. I *had* a Jaheira nymph series, but I don't know where they are...
Rabain
The second one with the green hood is just.....beautiful.

The green eyeliner could be a bit less green (my personal preference) but otherwise perfect!
Kiwi Rose
QUOTE(Rabain @ Sep 12 2006, 12:12 PM) *

The second one with the green hood is just.....beautiful.

The green eyeliner could be a bit less green (my personal preference) but otherwise perfect!

Thank you! And actaully, I think the green is a tad bold as well, I've just been to lazy and busy to fix it. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.