Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mod progress
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Azure NPC
balduran
Mod progress!!!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!

I thought I should compile a quick info about what I've done so far with the mod, so here it goes:

First and most time consuming was the Pocket prison (part of the second SofA quest, taking place in the Bridge, the Gov. district and the new town of Kula). You can see what it looks like in this thread: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1287

It consists of a special conversible guardian, eight monsters, an enemy spawn point, few (not)unique treasures, and a not that complexed system of portals.

The prison dungeon – this is a recycled map from TofEE, and it's basically a straight forward explore'n'fight area with a few undead spawns, several unique creatures and treasures, and a special tome.

The town of Kula – 1 big area + 10 indoor areas. I've finished all quest-required scripts and creatures + a tavern with unique rumor source, and 8 different peasant types with their dialogues and so on.

The first SofA quest that takes place in Windspear Hills

Most of the SofA dialogue of Azure and a simple dialogue for her wolf

What needs to be done to finish the SofA portion of the mod:

I have problems with adding Kula to the world map. See this thread:
http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=2108

Interparty banter – conversations with Bioware NPCs and major mod NPCs. Here I have some ideas:
1) Azure will hate Viconia (she hates all drow) and will react negatively on the player romancing Viconia. There will be a possibility where Azure either attacks Viconia or kills her in her sleep depending on the reaction of the protagonist in the first SofA quest (where you have the option to kill or not to kill Trajan).
2) Bad reaction to sleeping with Phaerie in the Underdark
3) a very bad reaction on killing the Silver dragon
4) Intejections in major dialogues like Tree of Life, Bodhi, Joneleth, also with other smalltime villains and characters (the gypsy in Trademeet comes to my mind).

- Voicing – this will probably done simultaneously with BETA testing
balduran
New info:

Thanks to a huge amount of work from Baronius thumb.gif the town of Kula was added to the world map. Unfortunatelly that revealed a major flaw with the tis and wed files of the area, which were fixed with the help of Sir Kill.
Right now I'm trying to fix a door ( banghead.gif pain in the arse wall.gif ), that doesn't behave the way it is supposed to.
balduran
I spent one more day trying to fix the door (in vain). In the end I decided to get rid of the house attached to it dry.gif So it will be one area less in the mod.

By wednesday or thursday I'll be ready with a new BETA version, but my deadline on that one right now is floating.

Something else - I have some spare buildings in Kula, and a few ideas for side quests, but I lack the time to work on them. So if anyone is willing to help (and of course - get the due credit for it), don't hasitate to tell me. Here's the titles of the possible quests I so far have thought of. They should give you a few pointers:

- A Werewolf Manace
- The Peeping Tom
- My Mother's Ghost
- The Forgotten Circus Performer

Of course any other quests will be apreciated.
balduran
I'd like to apologise for another delay in schedule mellow.gif
As I mentioned in the previous repply, I planned to release a new BETA last week, but then I ran into some very serious bugs, which make the mod unplayable. So far I've menaged to eliminate some of them, but the rest will have to wait at least two weeks, because my boss just told me I'm going to a training course in economics for the next two weeks, which either means that the company's got plans for me, or that I am not very good at what I am doing tongue.gif
Anyway, sory once again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.