Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: logg in to workroom fails
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
jastey
Hi everybody,
if I try to logg in to the BG1 Questpack workroom, I have the following problem: I enter the password, I get the "thanks, you are enabled to access this workroom" message, I wait - and then I'm back to the logg-in screen where I have to type in the workroom password. I have a similar problem on a different forum, where exactly the same thing happenes when I try to logg in there, so I guess it's a problem related to my notebook.
I have Windows XP home, cookies are enabled. Has anyone an idea what the problem could be? I hope someone knows the answer, because this situation is annoying. (I could imagine it's some safety feature of XP somewhere that I have to enable/disable or whatever) dry.gif
Rabain
I am working off XP PRO and i have had no problems logging in to any of the workrooms.

Wait for Baronius to pop up his head or if someone who has had a similar issue knows how to resolve i'm sure they'll respond here!

This didn't really help did it?! cool.gif
jastey
Thanks, Rabain. I tried the second workroom, and there was the same problem... The workroom accepts me and then I'm out again. I'm pretty sure it's some feature somewhere I have to change in the settings here. As far as I can see (if I look at the "options"), cookies are enabled. I'm using Netscape 7.1, by the way.
Sir-Kill
Are you using IE, and do you have both security and privacy on default?
jastey
@Sir-Kill: Do you mean I should try IE, whether the problem exists there, too? At the moment, it's Netscape 7.1.
Rabain
Jastey,

this from a website googled with regards to forums issues in Netscape:

EDIT -> Preferences -> Privacy/Security -> Cookies

You should have "Accept All Cookies" selected and NOT "based on security settings" if that somehow got checked.

Under SSL in the same "Privacy/Security" section all settings should be the default settings. If you changed anything then re-set back to default.
Sir-Kill
Oh no I wouldn't say to use MS products. but I had that problem once when I was useing IE. can't rember what I did to fix it but it was something with cookies......the only thing that I can think of was the settings.

I see we posted at about the same time
jastey
Thanks for the info, Rabain. The cookies specs are set to "accept all", and for SSL there's no "set default" button, so I have no idea... For SSL protocol versions, everything is ticked exept for "Extra SSL/TLS", the last two entries ("no coding with RSA-authentification and a SHA1-MAC", "no coding with RSA-authentification and a MD5-MAC") are disabled.
??
Rabain
how about:

EDIT -> Preferences -> Privacy/Security -> Validation -> OSCP

Make sure the first radio button is checked "Do not use OSCP ... "

Netscape was never a favourite of mine! I suppose we each just get used to what we use!
jastey
The button "Do not use OSCP ... " is enabled. sad.gif
Baronius
Wasn't Netscape renamed to Mozilla or something?
Rabain
Mozilla is based on an older version of Netscape that has been taken along a different path and now competes with Netscape itself.

Its offered as a separate browser though it still uses Netscape files to work!

If Jastey wants to try another browser apart fromm though she should have IE if she is on a Windows PC, there is Opera though the full download is large if you are on dialup!

@Jastey - have you tried logging in using IE?
jastey
Mozilla is the open source version of Netscape. AOL opened the source when bying Netscape.
I just found out something: In Netscape, I can specify cookies settings for the sites. It asks once, whether the setting should be used from now on, and I remember faintly something like this. So it's possible I clicked once "accept no cookies with sites like this", and now he does this all the time whithout checking the settings. I have to find out whether this is the problem - and how to change it... dry.gif

Ah - double posting... Opera is netscape based, too, I think: Mozilla is the email, Opera the browser tool, both based on Netscape

I haven't tried IE yet, I will, together with the above mentioned.

Thanks for the help so far!
jastey
With IE it works
(Not sure whether I should go biggrin.gif or :angry: - I don't like IE...)
Still working on the other solution...
Rabain
I have been looking around and some had a similar issue to the one you mention about the message "accept no cookies with sites like this" and their answer was to go in an delete all cookies on the machine and then reload the page.

Quote is from Unoffical Netscape FAQ site:

rledwards
Forum Cadet

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: 7.2 - cookies must be enabled 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything worked fine until I downloaded an update to IE.
Now when I try to access my email via ATT webmail it says that my browser must be configured to accept cookies. I HAVE enabled "all cookies" and the problem continues. This was using Netscape 7.1. Today I downloaded and installed 7.2. I first uninstalled 7.1 as per the directions on the Netscape 7.2 download site. I am still having the same problem with 7.2.
--Lin

rda

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: cookies 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had that problem, and the fix was to delete all cookies on the machine, because in the past i had told it not to accept a cookie from that site and it was still listed not to accept in stored cookies.
jastey
THANKS, RABAIN!!
Problem solved! Jastey is happy! biggrin.gif
-I didn't know this feature exists, so I guess I never would have found it myself.
smile.gif
Rabain
Excellent stuff!

Google is king....(now if only google could answer all my questions).

biggrin.gif
jastey
No, *you* are king. I could have googled myself, but I didn't. sad.gif
Oh, just noticed you're a GOD! *bows* smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.