Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non recruitable NPCs kitting!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
Salk
Hello! smile.gif

I am working on giving a kit to non recruitable NPCs in TuTu and I would like to have your opinion. I have already kitted some of them but most have no kit as yet. Of course the kits available are those that comes with TuTu. All of them are represented. Obviously not all the NPCs need to have a kit.

I write here a list of the kitless ones. I will update it once we get valid suggestions for a specific character.

Please feel free to express your opinion and motivate it!
I gladly accept reasoning for why one specific NPC should not really have any kit!

I thank you all in advance for your help in this endeavor! wink.gif

NPCs LIST:

COMPLETED
aigleborgne
Hi Salk,

We talked about that some weeks ago, and it is a tough (if not impossible) work to give an appropriate kit. Because we know nearly nothing about most non recruitable NPCs.
My point of view is to freely give a kit to enhance the difficulty of the game. Of course, it is better to have a great variety of kits, and so a fighter could also be a swashbuckler, monk... (to a lesser extent)

Now some examples:
Dregodel: I assume he is the man who give baldurian's helm quest. He have a lots of undead guards. Well, they are not really undead but closed to. I would set him as a necromancer (or maybe a conjurer).

Gorf is an ogre and so he must be moved to monsters section. I will do that when I'll be back from holidays.

Sarevok should stay unkitted, because he has not kit in bg2.

Duplica 1 to 6 are a party mirror. They are special and I will take care of them.

Angelo is a fighter dualed to mage
Semaj could be a sorcerer or any kit mage. We must be sure he won't use area of effect spells that could affect angelo, sarevok, and tazok!

Andris would be a great invoker, as he already use many invoker spells
(same as the 1 or 2 mages with him)

I can choose a kit for all of these rolleyes.gif

Salk
Hi aiglerborgne!

Nice to see you back! I have much to report to you! Good news for the most! tongue.gif

I do remember that we discussed it and we both thought that it'd be very tough to give appropriate kits. And it will be impossible for most of them, you're right. But a tentative assignment is in order and next time we get to speak, I will illustrate the progresses made about it! wink.gif

I accept gladly your suggestions and will modify the list accordingly, no worries...

By the way, I hope you enjoyed your vacation! cool.gif

P.S. Sarevok has actually his own kit. He is a Deathbringer although Bioware didn't give him a kit. The NPC Kit project by Idobek assigns just this kit to him...
Salk
The first draft for kitting has been prepared and today Aigleborgne has got the file to evaluate and leave me suggestions and offer corrections where they are needed.

Everything needs to be doublechecked but a nice step ahead has been made.

Not to mention that Aigleborgne himself has done important improvements on the .tp2 part of the Mod making it faster and more efficient.

All is proceeding well... wink.gif
WizWom
Um, if you're going to play with the scripting on this battle, try to make Angelo switch away from the Arrows of Detonation if they will hit anyone in the group. I thought it was funny when I sent in summons, and angelo got Sarevok mad at him. Sarevok, of course, just went and killed him easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.