Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Workroom locations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Baronius
Both of them has advantages and disadvantages.

Currently, workrooms are easy to be reached by the modders, because they can be entered directly from the mod's main forum. This is good but not too nice, especially for those who only visit the main forum (the workroom's box with the link takes place from the layout at the top).

The other possibility would be better in estetical respect, the only thing it needs from modders is to enter the Mod Workrooms forum first and then to the specific mod's password-protected forum. So the mod's primary (general) forums would be nicer.
I find the latter solution better, because currently there are 4 workrooms already, and in the future there will probably be more. This is used on the most of the other IE modding forums.
Galactygon
I'd rather not have it like FW.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
Keep it as it is now, when it becomes larger then you can change it.
Baronius
Yeah Galc, it's more comfortable in this way... no need to switch forums. But the layout is not nice then...

Anyway, since anyone can vote in the poll, I can't say that let's make the final decision based on it.
So I think that the ACTUAL workroom owners/visitors should post their reply here (like Galc and Sir Kill did).
And the Council will decide based on these posts, not based on the poll results (which is good though as an information source on the users' opinion)
igi
I only view the forum via the "View New Posts" link, so the location of workrooms is irrelevant to me.
Rabain
I like having the workroom in the mod forum, it's easier!

But i also understand why it would be frustrating for visitors to see all the new posts under a mod forum being in the workroom!

it's alright for now, later when there are more mods it can be changed!
Chevar
QUOTE(Rabain @ Sep 25 2004, 02:15 AM)
I like having the workroom in the mod forum, it's easier!

But i also understand why it would be frustrating for visitors to see all the new posts under a mod forum being in the workroom!

it's alright for now, later when there are more mods it can be changed!

At least that way they know that the modders involved are actually doing something. wink.gif
Awake
*recoils in shock that he missed a thread*

Being tired as I am, I may have misunderstood anything previously mentioned above. My suggestion for the workrooms is to put them just like the Wyrm's Cave. I'm usually uploading/downloading files or scanning my computer for virii whenever I'm on, so the connection goes poorly, and then I have to click on the link for the main forum, and then I have to go to forum for the workroom.

I doubt this will be changed now, over 2 months late, but I felt I'd throw in my 1 cent anyways.
Rabain
I believe the way it works now is that visitors only see posts they are authorised to see and the Workroom posts are not visible to them in the "last pst by" section of the thread link (make sense?).

This is a good thing imo.

Also having the workrooms somewhere like the Wyrm's Cave would be much the same as having them in the mod forum as it would be the same number of clicks to get into your chosen workroom as you currently use to access it via the mod forum itself...as we say here "same difference".

As I said earlier if there are more mods being developed here later perhaps there will be a need to place all the workrooms together for those modders who are involved in several projects.
jastey
What Awake suggested would be one click less, because the authorized modders would see their workrooms in the main forum menu as a subforum from the " Protected Forums". The way it is now the workrooms are only accessible via the mod-subforums, which means you have to click in there first. smile.gif
Rabain
Okay I understand.....eventually!

I'll have a look into creating a link to the workroom under the Mod Forum Link - similar to the way FW forum now is! Would that suit people if it could be done?
Awake
That would be wonderful. Baronius and I had discussed why we weren't doing it the other way originally in a PM or IRC(I forgot which), but this is a great compromise. I have terrible internet connection at school(and occaisonally at home) and this would make things much better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.