Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Question about the soundsets
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Magnus_025
Ok, as I've said in the topic description, sorry if this is not the place to ask this question, but as it is not related with modding, I didn't know where to ask, so I decided to ask it here.
My problem is that I have two copies of Baldur's Gate SoA and ToB, one is in spanish (I'm spanish), and the other one is in english. I love to play the english one because I like the language and to practice it but I would play the spanish one if it wasn't for a very annoying "bug" that comes with the game and don't know how to fix it.
The annoying bug is related to Jaheira's soundset: while in the english (and I supposed that in other languages except spanish) version of the game, if Jaheira is hitted by the enemy (with weapons or magic) she says AAGHH! (which is normal and logical), in the spanish version of the game, EVERYTIME she is hitted, she start saying one of the lines of her romance conflict with Viconia, the one that says something about Viconia trying to cheat them with her stories, that are surely lies... or something like this.
It doesn't mean that the banter starts, you only hear the voiced clip refering to those lines of their conflict everytime she is hitted.It is a quite large clip, so it is quite annoying and stupid because she says that everytime she is hitted wheter Viconia is in party or not, or whether she is hitted by a Dragon, Irenicus, a halfling, one of your party members...
Does anyone knows how to solve it? I don't know how and my idea was:
-searching between my spanhish version files trying to find the voiced clip and change it for the correct one, or
-copying the correct (the aagh!) clip from my english version and paste it where it has to be in the spanish version.
But I don't know where to look or the files name, so please, help me! wacko.gif
Thanks in advance and sorry again if it isn't the appropiate place to ask this.
Bye!
balduran
Do you have any mods installed? I know from experience that sometimes the installations of Banterpack and NPC Flirtpack can cause such problems.

Otherwise you can find the sounds via WinBiff or Nearinfinity, unless they are already unpacked in the override folder.
Magnus_025
No, it happens in the original game, without any mods. And it doesn't matter if you install the oficial patches (which I always install) or not.
Rabain
If you look at Jahiera's cre file using NI you should be able to see which sound is set to which action and also make changes and save them.
WizWom
That is text #5353, no text, just a reference to the sound file JAHEIR13.WAV

Now, this could be one of 2 errors... either the translation accidentally over-wrote this file, or they put the wrong strref in.

I've attached the file, just in case.
Thank you very much! I'll try to solve it with this file. If I can't I'll ask you again. But a little question, how exactly do I solve it, overwritting this file into the override?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.