Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: couple ideas
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Eirinjas
I had an idea for a quest. It always irked me that there really never was any roleplaying to be had at either the Xvart village or the Gnoll stronghold. For the Xvart village you could have a scenario where the Xvart's are being raided for goods by the Gnolls and you can choose a good path and join the Xvarts to stop the Gnolls, an evil path in which you join the nearby Gnoll raiders in their attack plan, or a neutral path in which you either don't get involved, or you kill them all.

For the Gnoll stronghold - it always pissed me off that you couldn't enter the fortress. Maybe a quest could be made whereby you barter for Dynaheirs release with a Gnoll Chieftain who resides in a hall inside.

Just ideas. I know this mod is going nowhere right now.
jastey
I was also annoyed that you have to slaughter Xvart as well as Gnolls.
Thanks for the input; Yes the mod is on hold at the moment as all participants are absorbed by RL or at least one other mod project (me included).
berelinde
I always avoid going to the Xvart village area at all. You can navigate around the area, so there's no real reason to go there.

I dislike killing xvarts and gibberlings. Even at first level, they are hardly dangerous. And what have they ever done to me, besides show up as hostile?

A quest in the area might justify the slaughter of an entire village, but from a role-playing standpoint, it would have to achieve some greater good.
Baronius
Both fundemantal problems brought up by Eirinjas have been on BG1QP's to-do list from the beginning of its development. smile.gif
Actually, the Xvart village was one of the first things (if not the first itself) that inspired me to start this project. However, I've added this as a new aspect to our notes:
A quest in the area might justify the slaughter of an entire village, but from a role-playing standpoint, it would have to achieve some greater good.
Thanks berelinde! smile.gif

There will be a labyrinth (or something like that) under the Gnoll Stronghold, if I remember correctly even you can visit the Underdark through the tunnels. (I hope this info wasn't in the developer workroom -- which I didn't visit for ages -- and now I revealed it!)
However, this great idea is now also added to the list of possible additions/solutions:
Maybe a quest could be made whereby you barter for Dynaheirs release with a Gnoll Chieftain who resides in a hall inside.
Thank you! thumb.gif
Sir-Kill
I think we changed the location of the entrence to the UD
Eirinjas
I'm really looking forward to what you guys come up with. I'm happy to hear the issues I have are shared, and I think it would kick so much ass to visit the Underdark with Viconia in tow. She's hands down my favorite character in the game. I never have a party without her and Xan.

"In the Underdark you would be fodder for the Kuo-Toa." -Viconia

"If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it." - Xan
kix
Giant Ants

An old staple from the P'N'P AD&D. How about giant ants swarming over a hilly area [maybe the northern part of Samuel's area]. You have to fight your way through, find the entrance to their lair and kill the queen. ohmy.gif

kix
Sir-Kill
I do not think creature animations are going to be a part of this mod. maybe you can think up an exesting creature that can be used.

please feel free to add more suggestions
kix
Okay, how about an old abandoned graveyard that keeps spawning undead until a particular grave gets blessed or a quested skull is replaced [the headless may not rest easy]. I don't know if you could pull the vampiric mists from BG2 for a little variety.
Or, local animals/people being effected [confused/enraged/mutated or undead] by an irradiated meteorite falling nearby [even the squirrels could attack]. Rumors could speak of a fallen star or such. And the effects neutralized by subjecting the rock to color spray, melf's acid arrow, dispel magic or another item you might want to include to do just that [quest]. Then maybe retrieve the remains [icon for contaminated iron] to take to a smithy for a unique weapon [hit causes the above chosen condition]. [aka: Dawn of the Living Rock laugh.gif ]

just a thought or two

kix

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.