Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current World Mapping Status.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
Chevar
I'm giving myself headaches working on maps all day long.. Slowly but surely I'm filling in the eastern sections of the worldmap.

The following image is posted for reference purposes. the follow will detail what regions are mapped out. The red boxes show where the wold has already been mapped out.

>>> See Post Below
Awake
Is there a before shot somewhere, i forgot what it used to look like.
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 18 2004, 03:52 AM)
Is there a before shot somewhere, i forgot what it used to look like.

Before I put the correct copy online.. the correct one's up now. I juast have to make sure I didn't forget any areas... and I dig site added to worldmap..
dragon_lord
Do you have a world map with the race region borders drawn on it?
Chevar
I've posted the new Zoned Map

Awake
nice! thumb.gif this is much better
Chevar
I'm currently putting together the developer's kit - surface city location map, and in internal release is expected by the end of the month.
Awake
hmm.... you say internal release, but if it's that, how do you plan on other modders getting access to it?

Also, i'm currently 2% finished w/ the elven realm. i'll probably be finished somewhere between 25 to 50%, but i just like to be sure. biggrin.gif

EDIT 4 MONTHS LATER

OMFG! I made a typo!
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Oct 14 2004, 03:36 AM)
hmm.... you say internal release, but if it's that, how do you plan on other modders gettin access to it?

Also, i'm currently 2% finished w/ the elven realm. i'll probably be finished somewhere between 25 to 50%, but i just like to be sure. biggrin.gif

We'll have to debug it.
Lord-Jyssev
hmmm i wouldve thought the humans would be more dominantt... btw, what are azulas? sea elves? something like the sahaugin?
dragon_lord
QUOTE(Lord-Jyssev @ Jun 26 2005, 08:01 AM)
hmmm i wouldve thought the humans would be more dominantt... btw, what are azulas? sea elves? something like the sahaugin?

They are a mixture of all the other races. Once upon a time they were known as the desert kingdom.
map101ca
Is there a way to get a general overall sense of how far along you are.

Hold on that seems wrong, lets see if I can explain better.

Is there a way to...say, when done an area, high light or put a pin on the map. I'm assuming that was the intention with the before, but I'm still unclear. I know each area has differing races. Thats the map above, but what areas are done?

*OFF TOPIC ALERT*

Hey guys sorry I've been away so long. I know I haven't helped with this much, (at all..ahem), but I'm no good at these graphic things; Or these software programing things. I just don't have a clue, but I have come across something that maybe help. Even if only to help someone else, so they could be doing other things.

Besides it would help me in return. I've kind hit a cramp.

I found myself a nice little hobby that I enjoy. I could do a some of the story writing. Now I am no published writer, but I think I do ok.

Some work I've been doing:
(Well its only one character, but....)

BG2 Story You can read the whole thing if you want, or if you want just my writing scroll through to my name.

Windmoor's beginings Solo writing

Another shared story I tried to get started was overhere Just click the "Show all acts" link. It didn't have the interest I wanted, so died.

Well that'll give you an Idea. I know it's all the same character, but if you think I could help in any way.
Sir-Kill
Hmm well wtp has changed a bit/lot since chevar was around the reuse of bg 1&2 city areas will not be reused, bams have been for the most part are done a new 3ds fort unity is all but done, a new world map is done, and some great area graphics have been donated. well that is what I can say about its progress (graphics side of things) DL might be able to say more.

thanks for popping in again map!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.