Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second anniversary of First Flight
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Baronius
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BWL! birthday.gif birthday.gif

A virtual celebration again!
But before we get too drunk due to too much e-champagne, let's summon some moments of the past.

Two years have passed since the first public appearance of BWL. This site has improved a lot since that summer, becoming a gathering place of a great number of mod makers, players, programmers and others.

Some of the people who have done so much for BWL in the past years are now retired. I'm sure that the name of Awake, Chevar and Ragnar sounds familiar to many members.

There was a forum upgrade in the past days, and while reinstalling the forum skin, I've seen great images: a wyrm hatchling coming out from an egg, a scroll, a shield and a spear from BG, a beholder eye... Without Awake's selfless work with the forum images, we wouldn't have now such a shiny, colourful forum with role-playing atmosphere. Thanks friend!

World Transition Project. Probably the most ambitious IE project ever. Many say that such projects never get finished. Maybe they are right, but as long as they are people are working on it, the project gets closer and closer to finish. And the most important is: WTP is more than just a large project under development. It has already presented the modder community with Community Assets, a collection of various modding resources. The person responsible for all this, the man who started it all: Chevar. Thank you!

The World Transition Project has had several contributors and members. One of them was Ragnar, a holder of the Gold Cross of Modding. Beside offering his writing skills in NPC creation, he also had a great role in starting our Gaming Forums. BWL is grateful for your help!

No anniversary mod. Not in this year. sad.gif However, I'm sure there will be releases at BWL in the near future which you will find useful/entertaining. Although there is no Anniversary Mod now, BWL has prepared a gift for its forum members. They are as follows:
Members' PM storage increased to 2500, and now the size of your attachments can be up to 5MB instead of the preceding 3MB (Modder members now have 8MB).

Now let the party begin! biggrin.gif
Sikret
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BWL! birthday.gif

Thanks for the good news about the generous increase in the PM storage size and attachments, Baronius!

As for releasing an anniversary mod, the new version of Improved Anvil will be released very soon (though still with much delay in comparison with my previous estimations) and I hope that the players will enjoy playing it and will accept it as my gift to them for the second anniversary of the site. wub.gif smile.gif
Sir-Kill
Happy anniversary BW smile.gif
good to see the upgrades bar, nice groucho.gif
Bookwyrme
Happy Birthday!
Januszka
Happy birthdays BWL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Jab
Happy birthday. ;-)
dragon_lord
Happy Birthday BW!! I've been here for most of those two years.
Neferit
Happy birthday, BWL! smile.gif

May the Black Wyrm be with you! happy.gif
jastey
Cool upgrades, Baronius, I like it! smile.gif

Jesus, another year passed by...
K'aeloree
Happy birthday BWL- here's to another fantastic year of releases, modding, and fun! *raises glass*
Andyr
Looks like I missed the date-time flies. smile.gif It's good to see another community persisting this long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.