Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: French translation of a phrase
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Sikret
The French translator of my Riskbreaker mod is not 100% sure how to translate "wing buffet" to French. I suspect that there should be a standard translation for the phrase. Can anyone help?
Januszka
Wing Buffet is already in the bg2 texts already, Maybe looking through bg2 original french texts would do?

EDIT: Tell him to open the french dialog.tlk (soa+tob one) with tlk editor and look in the entry 43042/74106. smile.gif
Sikret
Thanks for the tip, Januszka!
The problem is that he doesn't have any modding tools or editors and doesn't even have BG2 installed on his computer right now. I thought that asking for the translation of the phrase here in the forum might be a quicker solution than to ask him to install the game and to download an editor.
Sikret
Ok, never mind, we solved the problem by rephrasing the text.
Januszka
The only tool needed for check that is the tlk editor here by Baronius
Anyway, if he doesnt feel like installing anything nor downloading, have him send me the french dialog.tlk and I can take a look at it.
Baronius
Yeah, the new TLKEditor's advantage is that it doesn't need any game install at all to read/edit a TLK file (unlike the multifunctional editors such as DLTCEP/NI which obviously read all game files during startup.)
The translator might not have had the Tlk itself either, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.