Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Demon Knight mirror, suggestions?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
aigleborgne
Hi,

as Clair described it, the mirror duplicate each person that looks at it.

Demon Knight get a mirror, but scripts were changed so they fight each other. Really basic scripts that don't use any special powers. Now demons will still fight each other, but using all their powers. On top of that, they can cast some spells to nearby people. (so players will like to get away from their battle, instead of backstabbing them)

Now come the badly written part:
Each player will get a duplica. But... a really easy one.
Sarevok, 3 ettercaps, and 2 greater doppelgangers.

I don't like it and will change it to something more realistic:
- barbarian
- fighter/mage 8/8
- archer level 8
- sorcerer level 9
- cleric level 8
- thief level 11

this party would be a good duplicata of a typical group.
I would give good items (weapons and armors), but each duplicata will destroy self on death (seems logicial, because they are not "alive")

this would make the demon knight battle a real challenge.

because the fight might be difficult, I might delete the part where demon cast spells on nearby enemies while fighting themselves.

what do you think about this? any suggestions?
Salk
Well my take at that is that it's a good idea to change the default duplica with something better like you suggested but perhaps I'd not let Demons also cast spells to the party members while they are fighting because it seems more realistic that they concentrate their efforts on their own ongoing battle! happy.gif
melkor_morgoth75
Do u mean Demon Knight in Tales of the Sword coast?

mm75
aigleborgne
Yes, I finally change this.

Anyway, note that the demon will still cast "demon fear" spell on his mirror. Even if demon are immune to fear, it's a fear aura, and thus, it can touch anyone near the demon.

Concerning the duplicate mirror, I will do what I described:
fighter/mage, barbarian, sorcerer, cleric, archer, thief
In this order, so if you have 3 char in your party, you will encounter the three first (F/M, B, Sorc)

Depending on your party, they can provide a higher challenge than the demon knight himself. Not to mention that true demon knight will attack you if he killed his mirror.

If you have a party of spellcasters, you'd better use the mirror. But if not, the demon knight might be easier.

No matter what's your choice, it will be a very hard battle.
Well, to be honest, not that difficult. I have made minor changes to demon knight. He is certainly tougher and smarter but probably less powerful than my whole new mirror party.
Now, it is supposed to be like this. most parties are able to kill the demon knight, but would they able to kill their mirror? It's a matter of skills vs scripts.

My idea is bioware intended to present an alternative solution. But it was so easy with the mirror it wasn't even funny and I felt cheating when using it. Not to mention it was nowhere what it was supposed to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.