Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Drizzt Saga compatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
Haos
Hi. I`m prepping a new, large campaign on MP BG1 (TOTSC,NTOTSC, TGC, SOTSC and some fixes). I would like to include TDC as well, though i`m not sure if it`s gonna be compatible (mainly with NTOTSC). Will be grateful for a quick reply.

Cheers
Andyr
As far as I know flysoup is still learning WeiDU, so I doubt this mod would be compatible with those others unless they're all WeiDU (in which case you'd have to install this one first).
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Andyr @ Jul 9 2006, 02:12 PM)
As far as I know flysoup is still learning WeiDU, so I doubt this mod would be compatible with those others unless they're all WeiDU (in which case you'd have to install this one first).

I think that even with ALL other Weidu mods (and WM6) he's going to have problems with the worldmap ...

mm75
flysoup
Greetings fellow adventurers,

Forgive me for not beeing present the last month, it is so that I am working on a comic project that currently takes up all my time.

It is based on mythology and therefor I have to do a lot of research. I haven´t forgotten the Drizzt Saga Weidu transfer though, but it might take a while.

The thing I have encountered is that two areas got bugged in a weird way after I added the newest adventure. I fixed this issue though as you can see in the forum, still it seems that the game might crash if you rest in thoose two areas. I had to take theese areas from a save game since they where bugged in the original, I couldn´t track the reason to the problem.

And for the worldmap issue I have looked in to this and it is possible to add the content to be compatible with other mods. Takes some work ofcourse and I am not yet 100% enlightened how to do it but I have the information on how to do it.

Well enough blabbering about this, again if you find any bugs, though there shouldn´t be any now, report me.

Since the Weidu need to be 100% clean.

Greetings,
flysoup

(Again if any volounteer want to aid in the Weidu or add more content to the Drizzt Saga then mail me at 08.54022473@teali.com. It would be great to enlarge the Drizzt Saga with some hours. Any suggestions are welcomed.)
Zed Nocear
I'm interested, what with animations, which were replaced for new once. Has that influence for creatures in original story and areas? Does this mod extend the number of animations?
Baronius
As there were no suitable free slots in BG1, this mod uses the slots of existing, not too "significant" creatures. (And these creatures whose original animation is "stolen" in this way are now using other original animations, chosen as wisely as possible.) Although I haven't played this mod too much, I liked its atmosphere, and I'm quite sure it doesn't alter the original story or make illogical creature animation changes. However, the currently available version overwrites dialog.tlk, one or more existing game areas, and the worldmap. So you have to install it as the first installed mod. I suppose you can even install WeiDU mods after it.
flysoup
Greetings the animations changes are as mentioned above wisely used and altered so it wont affect the original story.

So no weird creature animations will show up, like a ghoul will show up as a frost giant as an example. I have gone through all the creatures that exist in the game and edited them so they suit the game and feels logical.

greetings/
flysoup
Zed Nocear
Is it possible in BG1 to replace separate animations slots of one creature ID for various weapons with different creature animations as in BG2 (I don't understand full, how it was made, but it works in BG2)?
flysoup
Haven´t done it myself in BG1 but in theory it should work as it did in BG2.
SirChet
Hi all:

For what it's worth I can say The Drizz't Saga runs well with the ease of use mod installed after TDS is installed.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Haos
I`m currently trying to gather mods for my personal MEGA BGT-BP. Though i dont have much hope, i`m gonna try to install it - as the first step, before everything else:P. It`s worth to try.

Pozdrownienia Zed. Czekam wciaz na TWM:) i chyba nie tylko ja.
Chev
It will not work, if you do this don't ask support on bugs.
flysoup
Aye true as it is written, it will not work indeed.

I am in a progress looking for more modders to hook up on Drizzt Saga to expand it and also aid in the Weiduing due to I am currently working on a fantasy mythology comic and am stuck glued on the chair in front of my drawing table.

So to all of you modders that find Drizzt Saga interesting, contact me and share your knowledge and ideas. I am willing to pass this Saga on to an experienced modder team if they/he/she has some plans that will be fruitful for the Drizzt Saga future.

"Neverwinter Nights in all its glory but I still can´t help to feel that the Baldurs Gate series has so much more to give and the mods created for it beats all the ones made for NWN. I made several mods for NWN but they just don´t get that personal touch as they do for the Baldurs Gate."

Many greetings from flysoup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.