Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Beta Testers for Hubelpot
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Bookwyrme
Hubelpot, everyone's favorite vegetable merchant has been reborn with multiple new banters and interjections, and one a brand-new miniquest for SOA (well, ok, we're still coding that last, because we just wrote it--but it is written, and it's fun!).

Who is Hubelpot, you ask? You're not alone in wondering; Hubelpot is an adventurer-by-accident, a druid turned vegetable merchant who gets into some trouble over money, asks for CHARNAME's help, and finds himself learning battle slavers, kill dragons, and cook over a campfire (he's an excellent cook, by the way).

To learn more, go to: here.

SOA 1.0 is now coded, and we could use the help of anyone who will welcome Hubelpot into their party. We need to know what works, what doesn't quite work, and what more work is needed.

If you are willing to play through with Hubelpot, please PM me, either here or at Spellhold Studios, or contact SConrad at SpellholdStudios.net. You'll need the password for the beta-testing forum to get the latest version of Hubelpot.

Oh, and by the time you're through with the SOA portion, TOB should be all ready for you to beta. Come on over!
Lemernis
I'll give it a go.

I want to use Hubelpot in a game that will include quite a few other mods, as I'm playing the entire series with a Wild Mage. It'll take me a few weeks to get through BG1 Tutu first. But when I take my Wild Mage into BG2 I'll try out Hubelpot.

I'm still a little green when it comes to using mods. Would the following be the correct mod installation order?

Easy Tutu Degreenifier
Tutufix v.17
Easy Tutu NPC Kit Selection
PP1 BG1 item graphics (non-WeiDu)
Finch NPC
Hubelpot NPC
any other NPC mods I may want to add
BG1 NPC Banter Pack
BG2 Banter Pack
Flirt Pack
Ladejarl's TutuGUI
Sword Coast Strategems
Herbs and Potions Add-In - http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Mods/Readme/r...e-herbaddin.htm
Unfinished Business
Quest Pack
Song and Silence
Divine Remix
Wild Mage Additions - http://home.tiscali.de/jo.ge/bg/shaper.htm
berelinde
Lemeris, are you running EasyTutu?

I'm kind of confused why you're wondering about the installation order of Tutu mods and BG2 mods together, since you won't be running the games simultaneously.

If I were you, I would install in the following order:

EasyTutu (in its own directory):

EasyTutu
Tutu Fix
Your tutu non-WeiDU
Degreenifier
Finch
Any other Tutu NPC mods
(Don't know about the Banter Pack--please explain!)
Consider BG1 NPC project
NPC kits
Herbs and Potions
GUI or avatar changing stuff like Moinesse's Avatars or One-Pixel Productions
Tutu Tweaks
SCS

BG2 (In its own directory):
BG2
Official Patch
Fixpack of choice (you can choose BD, BD-WeiDU, or G3 Fixpack--do some research, because I'm not going to make any recommendations)
One and only one non-WeiDU mod
(If you were going to install Ascension and Turnabout, this is where you would do it)
NPC mods (more or less any order, except that if you plan to install Kelsey and Solaufein, you should install Solaufein first)
Quest pack
UB
Banterpacks
Flirtpacks
Wild Mage
(I don't know Song and Silence, so I can't tell you where it should go)
Tweak mods like G3 Tweakpack or EoU
Divine Remix
Lemernis
Yep, I'm using Easy Tutu.

I know, I know, I always seem to get initially confused about the fact the Tutu uses the BG2 engine. And then what sorts of components affect both games. For example, IIRC the spells in Divine Remix seem to make their way into BG1 Tutu.

Anyway, thanks much, that helps get my view of it straightened out. smile.gif
Bookwyrme
Thanks Lemernis! Check your PMs for the beta forum password.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.