Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coliseum
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Duality
Does anyone know where I might find a potential map for some sort of arena/coliseum?

-Duality
Rabain
Waukeen's Promenade is probably the best place to start for something like that. It would need to be fairly large to be able to do anything inside it and still have it at an impressive height.
Duality
Yeah, I thought about Waukeens, it's just that I was hoping to avoid doing THAT much work. tongue.gif

But since no one seems to know of any other possibilities, I guess I'll use waukeen's as a starting point.
Sir-Kill
I did not want to mention anything but we got a new computer at work and I put 3ds on it and been messing around with making a colossium but it is only a part time job so if I did get anyhing it would a while before it ets done.
Valiant
I created a little coliseum from Waukeen´s Promenade already, long time ago, and I won´t use it in any of my work, so if you want it it´s yours. I´ll post a shot here later today for you, if you´re interested...
Duality
Valiant:
Sure, I'd love to take a look at it. smile.gif
Thank you!

Sir-Kill:
Either way. biggrin.gif
I'll see if I can use Valiants, in the meantime, have fun messing around with 3ds.

-Duality
Valiant
Well, 3ds was also a big mystery for me before... biggrin.gif For example to make a serious dungeon take a week of work, if you want it to look like original area from bg2... cool.gif

I haven´t time to post a screen here last week, but I will on sunday or next week... blink.gif Don´t worry, I didn´t forgot....
Valiant
So here is the shot of my fight arena... If you like it, I can send it to you via mail...Original area has dimensions about cca. 2400x2100. And it´s in PSP (PaintShopPro) format, so it has transparent background. In other words you can you it as a layer... cool.gif of course you must have some graphical program installed already (PaintShopPro or PhotoShop).
Rabain
Nice work. You should post more if you have stuff lying around unused!
igi
I'll take it, if no-one else does (I'll take it if anyone else does as well... :-)
Vlad
Well done. Now, the real work is to turn this picture into a game area with walls, lights, height and search map. smile.gif
Valiant
There are some areas I made before I started to work in 3ds.... Only problems in CUT-AND-PASTE method are shadows, you have to do them manually...

Making areas is 3ds is really easy, just to figure out all the possibilities of Max... Procedural textures and so on...

If I´ll find some areas, I´ll post them, don´t worry.
About coliseum - if Duality won´t response about it, just PM me whoever wants this area and I´ll send it via mail...
Duality
That's a beautiful map. I'd love it if you could e-mail it to me.
Send it to Igi to if he wants it. biggrin.gif

-Duality
Valiant
To Duality: will send you, but I´m on vacation now, and will be for 3 weeks. After comeback will send it to you... You have to wait... Hope you don´t mind...

Avenger_teambg
Congrats, another person who can create decent area art smile.gif
Duality
QUOTE(Valiant @ Jul 22 2006, 08:01 AM) *

To Duality: will send you, but I´m on vacation now, and will be for 3 weeks. After comeback will send it to you... You have to wait... Hope you don´t mind...

Great and not a problem since I'm not in a big hurry. (Plus I was just out of town for a week) biggrin.gif

-Duality
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.