Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temple of Elemental Evil Dungeon 2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Duality
I downloaded the map Dungeon 2 from the Temple of Elemental Evil section and started to work on it. Which was stupid of me. The map comes out to 78x63 if you don't alter the dimensions, and according to Avenger, BGII only supports up to 80x60, making the map unusuable unless you modify it. (of course, I learned this AFTER I put three or four hours into the map)

I would suggest that you just attach a note, either on the page that lists the map or in the .rar file itself, warning people that BGII will not run the map unless it's cropped to the appropriate size.

Also, a number of the links on the various area download pages are broken, leading to 404 errors. Just thought you might like to know.

-Duality
Sir-Kill
oh yeah I remember that one I tryed to resize that one. the problem is where to cut them to make it look good, so I just left it to whomever wanted to modify that one.

sorry you wasted 3 hrs. you might also want to keep your images to 79x59 insted of 80x60 I have heard of some problems that arise when they are max size, so just keep it one square smaller wink.gif
dragon_lord
The broken image links are fixed just needed to change the extension to lower case.
Duality
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Jul 4 2006, 01:23 PM)
oh yeah I remember that one I tryed to resize that one. the problem is where to cut them to make it look good, so I just left it to whomever wanted to modify that one.

sorry you wasted 3 hrs. you might also want to keep your images to 79x59 insted of 80x60 I have heard of some problems that arise when they are max size, so just keep it  one square smaller wink.gif

Well, that's good to know. Still, for those of us who aren't totally up to snuff on all the inner workings of the IE, it might be nice to put a warning. biggrin.gif

The map's still giving me trouble, even after I modified it to 78x60, I'll try setting it to 59 and see how it works. Thanks for the heads-up.

-Duality

EDIT: I think you win the prize Sir-Kill. Setting it to 59 seems to have fixed it! Assuming nothing else goes wrong, you are my new hero!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.