Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheena's bonding with PC
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Cobweb
I have played through Sheena to the point where the LT is finalised with the love declaration. In many ways Sheena has the potential to breathe new life into what is now a pretty old but loveable and constantly replayable game. I honestly can't remember how many times I have played BGII & TOB over the years. Even with the onset on NWN and its many ad on mods and NWN2 looming on the horizon this has to be my favourite game.

The concept of a half dragon is a new one to me personally but the transformation ability we first witnessed in BGII in the Silver Dragon's lair in the Underdark. In terms of developing the relationship between the PC and Sheena I am minded of Raymond Feist's (Midkemia/ Riftwar/Kelewan novels) development of Ashen Shugar/ Thomas and his relationship with greater dragons. Whilst the dragon intially came across as a servant the relationship between the two changed over time. Admittedly Thomas took an elven queen as wife but he always maintained a unique bond with the species. which allowed them both to maintain their guardianship of the world. The dragon's ability to transform into a beatiful human female allowed it to move freely amongst their kind and avoid detection and confrontation.

The development of Sheena as a good character I imagine is mostly due to the influence of her stepfather. Sins of the father and all that? Anyway what better example could a good PC have had than Gorion empowering him with the abilitiy to consciously shape his own future rather than follow the instincts of his kin.

What makes this particular mod so exciting for me is the potential for the development of the interpersonal relationship between two such powerful characters. The potential for great evil or great good in both is tremendous. The PC's choices with with the Slayer avatar at his disposal are identical to Sheena's if you choose to develop it in that way. For me it may be as well to give thought to the romance in this way. The struggle for them both to exert their own personalities so as to accept or discard their heritage can provide a unique bonding process which could even take them outside the destiny perceived by the gods. The level at which they can pursue a physical relationship probably needs to be in the human form, but the unity of purpose, duty and dedication to a cause must transcend this. There is of course the practical problem of dealing with the ageing process, dragons tend to live quite a bit longer and of course I have a slight predjudice for example about a whether a physical relationship between say a dwarf or a halfling and a dragon is a creditable achievement. ( I feel a lot of old ribald jokes coming on). Is restricting the romance side to humans a bit too inhibiting?

In looking to develop a romance on the kindred spirit basis - united we can defeat the influence, Sheena's background and character can make her the PCs equal as she has no particular reason to stand in awe of the offspring of a god.This works only up to the point where he loses his bit of Bhaal and decision time is upon him. But do the Gods smile on them both?

Sorry, I started off setting down some of my own thoughts and reactions to this great mod but I seemed to have rambled on a bit (a lot actually).

Anyway I hope that somewhere in this lot you find something of use.

Regards
Cobweb
Cobweb
Sorry, I have posted this in probably the wrong place, I will correct this immediately I have added a bit to this in Sheena's corner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.