Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC Submission guidelines
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
Chevar
1) ALL NPCs should have portraits, including non joinable NPCs.

2) All NPCs should have some vague semblance of a personality..

3) Unless it's a "special" (mentally challenged) NPC, they should have something to talk about, and interests beyond what the player wants to know.

4) The smaller the town the more bizzare the rumors..
(eg: there's been a huge fearsome beast lurking in the east forest!!
- actually it's trash collecting golem, made by a mage trhat's sick of littering villagers, or a group of kobolds getting their jolleys by scaring the villagers.)
Naturally the hero can boast that it was a greater beholder or some-such.

5) Converting alredy made NPCs is fine as long as you remove ANY references to "child of Baal" or any other bg2 plot references..
Awake
congratulations on getting this up. how about the Werewolf NPC i'm working on right now for BG2? it's in the mod ideas section at FW
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 9 2004, 03:22 PM)
congratulations on getting this up. how about the Werewolf NPC i'm working on right now for BG2? it's in the mod ideas section at FW

Quite honestly I'm not too keen on the idea.. I have an alternate Idea That I'd like to pitch. There are more were's than you think. I have an animation I will be converting for a special project assingment I have planned..

the module name is "Were are we!" (not a typo).. it would be a good spot for a joinable PC shape shuifter.

I have a wererat animation (from PST), there are the lesser, and greater werewolves from bg2, and I can't remember is there are werebears or not. if not I can provide the animation.

I will be converting the animation from D2 werewolves to BG2 after I'm done with my maps - use the bg2 'were' animation for now, and change later. If your interested in something a little bigger let me know. I'm not posting the spoiler info here..

I've pmd you the info on the idea I was thinking on - it would allow for a shifter without having to force the other characters to kill them. Let me know what you think. You can run with it either way. as long as there are no baal spawn references it'll work.
Awake
hmm.... i don't remember this being pinned... anyways, i was thinking that before we send the TC out into the public word, we should have all of the modders get together and discuss/send their parts etc. so that we can add banters with the NPCs. Such as x from my mod is in location Y, which is N's mod. z from N's mod says "hello, <charname>" and x from my mod says "go away."

just an idea. it would greatly maximize the conistency or whatever of the TC. Perhaps you should just make a workroom for the whole TC...

BTW I just checked the description of this forum:

QUOTE(Forum Description)
A place to duscuss the ongoing development of the WTP, and submod plugins. Making a new world, together.

That last part reminds me of some kind of a commercial.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.