Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firefox Issue
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Rabain
I have tentatively moved to Firefox and am currently liking the tabbed browsing. Much better than the crappy experience I had with it a few years ago.

Anyway I have a problem: when making a post if I want to format something with BBcode even if I highlight the word the [] thing always appears at the very bottom of the post. This happens regardless of where the cursor is on the page. Does anyone know how to stop this, is there some plug-in or Options menu and I can select? It is really annoying. For those not using Internet Explorer, just so you know, in Explorer I can highlight a word press my formatting option and the formating []'s will appear on either side of the word instead of me having to move them from the bottom as currently happen in Firefox.

The second problem is not really a Firefox issue but more of BBcode issue. Does anyone know if I can make a list in one post where each item in the list is a link to another post below in the same thread?

I know javascript works on the webpage to do something like this by bringing you to the top of the page or when you quote someone you can be brought to their post via a post="1234" code. Can you do it without having a quote? You can move up and down the page in html using anchors but I can't seem to get them to work inside a post.
SConrad
QUOTE(Rabain @ Apr 8 2006, 07:46 PM)
Does anyone know how to stop this[...]?

Yes. Install a newer version of IPB.

QUOTE(Rabain @ Apr 8 2006, 07:46 PM)
Can you do it without having a quote?

Yes. Click Post #n left of the timestamp to get a direct link to the post.
Rabain
Yes. Install a newer version of IPB.

Is it that the newer version is more compatible with Firefox? Because this current version works fine for what I want when using IE.

Yes. Click Post #n left of the timestamp to get a direct link to the post.

The only problem I have with this is that it opens another browser window or anther tab in Firefox rather than just auto-scrolling down the page if I use the full link address. For those browsers that have opening a new window/tab disabled for links it just reloads the page completely but yes it does have the post at the top when it does this. Not ideal in either instance.
SConrad
QUOTE(Rabain @ Apr 10 2006, 05:59 PM)
Is it that the newer version is more compatible with Firefox?  Because this current version works fine for what I want when using IE.

Yes. smile.gif

And it's much nicer from lots of other perspectives, too. Not to mention safer.

QUOTE(Rabain @ Apr 10 2006, 05:59 PM)
The only problem I have with this is that it opens another browser window or anther tab in Firefox rather than just auto-scrolling down the page if I use the full link address.  For those browsers that have opening a new window/tab disabled for links it just reloads the page completely but yes it does have the post at the top when it does this.  Not ideal in either instance.

That's because IPB automatically adds a target="_blank" to all links. That's most easily solved by posting links with html and not bbcode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.