Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Houston, we have a problem o_0
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Immortality
So, like, i wanted to have a very cool avatar of Bodhi, but when i went to choose it from the list, i only say shields and weapons and cloaks.... and.... uh.... where are the faces? unsure.gif
Andyr
DISCRIMINATION. ;_;
Immortality
;_; i want a face too!! Or will i have to live with a mace as face? tongue.gif
Immortality
Well, what the hell. There you have it. Arrow face.
Galactygon
laugh.gif

-Galactygon
SirLancelot
Sorry, it is said that Bodhi was abducted by SirLancelot some time ago.

O_o o_O
Windwalker
QUOTE(Immortality @ Sep 7 2004, 11:10 PM)
So, like, i wanted to have a very cool avatar of Bodhi, but when i went to choose it from the list, i only say shields and weapons and cloaks.... and.... uh.... where are the faces?  unsure.gif

Immortality, check this thread for more info on how to get an avatar from the portrait gallery.

EDIT: Bodhi's portrait is limited to SirLancelot only. tongue.gif
jastey
I have a different question: At my display, the pictures (I mean the pictures with faces on them smile.gif ) are really small. Is it my display resolution? Could they made a bit taller, so I can see tham a bit better... *goes to get her glasses..*
Immortality
Why is it limited for SirLancelot? Nevermind, Sor, I'll talk to baronius later.
Windwalker
You mean only the portraits, or the avatars from the free galleries as well? The portraits are in 38x60 size, as they are in the original game (Balbur's Gate I & II), but these games usually run in 800x600 resolution (although BG2 supports 1024x768) and the forum is seen in your desktop resolution (which could probably be higher). My guess is that this is what is causing the problem, therefore you could have a smaller desktop resolution or get a magnifying glass! tongue.gif
Andyr
QUOTE(Immortality @ Sep 8 2004, 04:40 PM)
Why is it limited for SirLancelot? Nevermind, Sor, I'll talk to baronius later.

I think he's saying peoples' portraits much be unique.
Baronius
Immort, the thread linked by Windwalker tells everything. All those who have a portrait here have completed at least one term on that list. For example, Seifer has submitted a tutorial. wink.gif

The portrait of Bodhi is limited to SirLancelot because the same portrait can only be used ONCE smile.gif
When you are permitted to choose a portrait, you will see a table where the unused portraits are listed, and can choose one from there for yourself (and as Andyr already has explained, *that* one will be reserved for you only and noone else can use it)
jastey
@Windwalker: Let's put it like this: the portraits are as big as one of the capes from the avatar board. Which is ... rather small... at least on my display.
Baronius
They're quite small (original 38x60), yeah. But I don't think we can afford the time now to make them bigger, in 800x600 they look okay I think.
Rabain
Small portrait avatars also have the added bonus of reducing the amount of scrolling to be done in a thread where there are mostly one line replies.

While a larger portrait wouldn't be too much on its own when you have a thread with lots of replies it can become tedious.

All that scrolling is hard on my mouse, running around on that little wheel as it does!
jastey
I don't ecpect you guys to change the portrait sizes just because of me. It's OK... I only wanted to comment, maybe I'm not the only one..
I have magnifying glasses, all right. tongue.gif

EDIT: I just had a look: my display resolution is 1400x1050.
Andyr
They look ok on 1024x768 here, but I imagine they may be a bit small for anyone on higher res.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.