Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatibility with non-WeiDu NTotSC
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Joneleth
I have one question...
TGC is compatibility with non-WeiDu NTotSC or not? :>
Baronius
As far as structural (general) compatibility is concerned, its technical documentation says that it is compatible with non-WeiDU mods as long as the installation guidelines are complied with. This basically means that you have to install it after non-Weidu mods, but there might be some other hints as well; if I remember correctly, there were such installation guides on Gibberlings3 and/or other places.

I don't know NTotSC, so all I can say about the question of functional compatibility is that TGCEp1 shouldn't be more, and shouldn't be less compatible with it than any other WeiDU mods. An original game area is "occupied" by the mod, but only temporarily; when the mod's plot ends, the area will return to normal.
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Joneleth @ Mar 22 2006, 07:19 PM)
I have one question...
TGC is compatibility with non-WeiDu NTotSC or not? :>

Anyway why do u still use non Weidu NTotSC?

mm75
Haos
Mainly because there is no WEIDU version of NTOTSC???
Chev
Find one here NTotSC WeiDU
Haos
Well, maybe someone will help me understand this one. I always though Weidu was a compiler, that enabled all mods done under it to be cross-compatible with them as well as with non weidu mods...

EDT: As Aurelinus (NTOTSC author) said, it is WEIDU that`s compatible with NTOTSC, not vice versa. But i wonder what would that patch for BGTNTOTSC change if i`m not using BGT...
NiGHTMARE
WeiDU *can* be compatible with one another, but compatability is not guaranteed simply because two mods are in WeiDU format. It depends on what has been added/changed, how competently the mod was coded, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.