Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CD-ROM wont open
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Sir-Kill
I spent near all morning gutting my CD-ROM to see why it was stuck. and for the life of me I cant figgure out why. There are no broken or worn parts there is power and it plays and burns. it just won't open.

to help anyone with this problem I found out a way to open it when stuck: Look for a pinhole in the front of the ROM you can stick something in there and push back what is there. use something strong but thin. (in my case I used a knife to make the hole slightly bigger so I could actualy get something in there.
underdog
Paper clips work great for that emergency ejects.

Does the door close when using the button?
Or does the door close if left open when you turn it on?
If so there's probably nothing wrong with the motor/gears, otherwise the motor or gears are damaged/broke. unless you have another of the same model you may not be able to fix it.
Sir-Kill
sure everything works fine except the opening.

there is a spring arm that might have lost some of its tention. (the one that controls the sliding arm that lifts the CD spinner when closed)
balduran
I guess my opinion comes a bit late and hopefully you've managed to resolve the problem, but you should probably try to open the box of the CD-ROM with a scewdriver and clean the machanisms that manipulate the CD-ROM to open. I've done it at least a hundred times with an old TEAC of mine - the poor thing was probably too old to do any real business and required repetition of the operation on every CD insertion. Then I finaly decided to spend spome cash and buy a new one.
By the way, if you decide to open the box, make sure you clean the dust that's gathered over the lense with spirited cotton. Dust is known to scratch the surfice of the lense. If that happens the CD-ROM won't be able to read information from CDs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.