Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map Makers wanted
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Chevar
I have a - soon to me announced - mod project in the works. I'm busy, extremely busy, with compiling maps, most of which are being converted from diablo2. I have 2 towns, and two cities almost completely ready to be built... they will be in a week or two.

I'm looking for an experienced map maker to take the raw images, and make BG2 maps out of them.. These cities will be the initial foundation of the mod.

So, does anyone want to make their own city which will - eventually - become a cornerstone of a new world?
Windwalker
When saying city, you mean something like Athkatla, right? I might give it a shot, but I would like more information about what I should make.
Galactygon
I am guessing it's a TC of some sort. wink.gif

-Galactygon
igi
So you want to turn a normal image into a BG2 map? It's not terribly hard, but it is terribly frustrating and dull.
Chevar
QUOTE(igi @ Sep 4 2004, 04:16 PM)
So you want to turn a normal image into a BG2 map? It's not terribly hard, but it is terribly frustrating and dull.

I know, but all I need is wallgroups, light, height maps the basics... don't need doors, overlays, anims, or any of that.

it is dull and time consuming.
Baronius
This can be seen in Chevar's signature too but for those whose attention it escaped, here is the link for the mod's homepage:
http://members.blackwyrmlair.net/Chevar/
Chevar
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 4 2004, 05:48 PM)
This can be seen in Chevar's signature too but for those whose attention it escaped, here is the link for the mod's homepage:
http://members.blackwyrmlair.net/Chevar/

Thanks Baronius.

Sometime next week, after I'm done writing up some official sounding documentation, I'll be starting a forum here pertaining to the project.
Windwalker
The way I see it, this project is a TC, but not the way we were used to TCs. It's about building a background for TCs, right? What I mean is, that the areas will be ready, the entire world (worldmaps, etc) would be complete, and the only thing one would need would be to make the quests.
Chevar
QUOTE(Windwalker @ Sep 5 2004, 05:44 PM)
The way I see it, this project is a TC, but not the way we were used to TCs. It's about building a background for TCs, right? What I mean is, that the areas will be ready, the entire world (worldmaps, etc) would be complete, and the only thing one would need would be to make the quests.

That's the essence of it. I'm going to do a mod of my own while I'm at it. After I do I'll be getting maps set for dungeon areas, a couple cities, and I'll need to find a 3ds person that can render some castle's that I've gotten authorization to use by the 3d artist..

you're exactly right Windwalker. I'm glad someone gets it.

I've been hoping to get some help getting the map blanks ready because it takes me a while to get the images together looking decent. There are screenshots in my forum for it, I'm just waiting for Baronius to activate it (and tell me what happed to FTP after the upgrade).. don't think he's been on since this morning tho'

Footnote; the starting area Will be on the map. I'm building sub areas leading from map location to map location - for those that'd rather walk..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.