Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: episode 1 WeiDu installation-problems
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Gasha
I'm currently replaying the Baldur's Gate series, with all the mods I didn't try out last time. So I stumbled on The Grey Clan episode 1, and it sounded great. But when I tried to install it (I got the WeiDu-version to avoid compatiblity issues with my other mods), it didn't work. The installation started, but suddenly, the text: ERROR installing [The Grey Clan episode one: In the Candlelight, BGT-WeiDu edition v1.01], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 145 files for [SETUP-TGC1E.TP2] component 0
Uninstalled 145 files for [SETUP-TGC1E.TP2] component 0
ERROR: Failure("resource [amb_e14a.wav] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TGC1E.DEBUG to Baronius, blackwyrmlair.net

I've tried to download another copy, but the same thing happens. The same thing also happens with the "The Secret of Bone Hill"-mod for Tutu, the error message is resembling this.

Anyone know what to do?
Baronius
It seems that the problem you encountered (missing amb_e14a.wav) doesn't onlz occur with the BG1Tutu edition of the mod. I have just fixed it, and I've uploaded the new version (1.3), which contains other fixes as well.
You can get it here:
http://greyclan.blackwyrmlair.net/ep1/download.html

If you have any problem (too hard battle, where is a specific item etc.) while playing the mod, feel free to come to this forum and/or visit the website of Episode One (Firefox highly recommended): http://greyclan.blackwyrmlair.net/ep1/
You can find there hints, battle and quest solutions, a walkthrough and much more.

As far as BoneHill is concerned, I can't help. You could post the problem on their forum (I suppose they have one) and/or the exact WeiDU error message on BWL's General Modding Discussion forum (just like you've done with TGC's error message).
Gasha
I guess that means I can't get the new version in WeiDu. If so, are there any known compatibility issues?
Gasha
The installation worked perfectly with 1.3, but I'm still worried about the compatibility, since it's not WeiDu.
Baronius
It is pure WeiDU, so you don't have to worry at all. wink.gif All I did was that I changed the code of the TP2 (the installation script file used by WeiDU), so now the setup will always install the file that was missing from your game (too).
Gasha
great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.