Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faerun's map
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
jastey
Hi!
First let me say that I appreciate Rabain's faerun map very much! I indeed have no idea where in which direction Sembia is located from Amn...

Only thing is: It might be my notebook display, but in the overall map I'm absolutely unable to identify the region name's. So I have to click at every region to see what is actually there... Is this a problem only I have? Could the overall map be a bit larger, so I can read directly what region I am looking at? (If it's only the big city names for orientation.)
Rabain
Hi Jastey,

The problem i've had is that i cannot find a large map of the whole of Faerun that is clear enough to use . The one thats on the web page at the moment is enlarged about 30% so it looks kind of blurred but its the best i can do at the moment.

If you or anyone else comes across a clearer continental map please let me know and i can update.

I think the problem you are having with area names comes from using a browser other than IE. At least i have seen the problem occur in other browsers myself! It is also something i am working on!

And again i am also working on larger pop up boxes or at least scrollbars for them as it seems the small maps resize themselves on certain machines and become to small to see properly!

Hopefully the next update will come along soon though it may be 3-4 weeks or longer depending on if i can find suitable solutions! I can increase the size of the pop boxes but whether that will stop the resizing i don't know as the boxes have a set size currently and that doesn't seem to stop the resizing!

On a side note when making this map it was the first time i had actually ever used pop up boxes in web design and i was lucky enough that i figured out how to do this from a picture!! smile.gif

Glad you like the map anyway as it is something i thought was missing!
jastey
It's still very useful. Already used it... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.