Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start screens
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
I have made a few variations of the start screens for SoA and ToB, and I am unable to decide which one I should use, since they all look equally good (or bad) to me.

Do you prefer the top row, the middle row, or the bottom row?

The changes can be seen on the logo at the bottom right.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Sorry about the images, but they have to be large in order for you to judge them.

Also, if you have any additional suggestions on improving them, I will be more than happy to listen to them (whether they are good or bad).

-Galactygon
Rabain
I voted middle because you can still see the logo better behind the text on that one. The top one its too big and the bottom is cut in half by the box. The middle is just right.
Sir Alexander
I prefer the symbol of Bhaal but in the bottom one the skull is cut in half ohmy.gif

I'm going to vote to the middle one wink.gif
Sorrow
None of them.
They are too chaotic for my taste.
Andyr
I think they're nice and have no real preference.
Sir-Kill
I voted for the bottom for SOA but like the middle for TOB
if you could make the SOA symbol (Waukeen's?)just a little clearer and move Ellesime's image a little so they are not so much on top of eachother I would go with middle for both

nice roiling sky on the TOB
Galactygon
I like the middle one also, although the Throne of Bhaal logo (I mean the skull itself) would need to be enlargened.

They are too chaotic for my taste.

Although I disagree with you regarding the SoA start menu, you do have a good point regarding the "chaoticness" of the ToB start menu ~ some elements were unnecessary (the snow-capped mountain, for instance).

I also moved the picture of Ellesime up, so it looks better (I didn't realize this until Sir-Kill pointed it out).

In conclusion, feedback is good because I can take a step back and let other people make pointers on improvement. smile.gif

I made a newer version of the start screens.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
I would suggest to move either mellisan or the TOB and logo so it is more like the SOA screen but fliped.
balduran
I'm probably blind, but I don't see the diference beween them.
balduran
Sorry about that one, I see it now. The ToB logo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.