Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compatibility with other weiDU mods
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
andrespi
I read the file readme but I haven't understand very well what is written about compatibility on the file techdoc . This:

Compatibility
Mod type  Compatibility description
WeiDU  Compatible with other standard WeiDU-based mods.
Non-WeiDU  Compatible with standard non-WeiDU mods if the installation guidelines are complied with.
Baldur's Gate Tutu  This edition is not compatible with BG1Tutu.
Baldur's Gate Trilogy  This edition works with BGT-WeiDU ONLY.

I wanted to know if I'll use baldur's gate trilogy with a few other WEIDU mods [ like the latest versions of quest pack; tortured souls; never ending journey 2 (these are all mods for baldur's gate 2 so they shouldn't cause problems with greyclan, right?) ]; will this mod work without problem? I don't know much about modding, so excuse me for this maybe obvious question. Or it works only with baldur's gate trilogy?
Sorry for my english but I'm italian. Thanks for the answers.
ronin69hof
Check this thread: http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=17901

ronin
Ascension64
@ronin69hof: Yes, it's a good thread but only works for BGT-WeiDU vs. <A mod>. That link does not specify compatibility between <A mod> vs. <B mod>.

@andrespi: In Candlelight *should* have no problems with the mods you mention.
Baronius
Thank you for your answer, Ascension64.

And thank you for your question, andrespi. I think I will change that part of the documentation in the next release, omitting the word "ONLY".
The sentence "Compatible with other standard WeiDU-based mods." is meant to express that the mod should work with other WeiDU mods, unless they do something special (unlike usual WeiDU mods).
Salk
Baronius,

I have thought to run Echon's Fields of the Dead and In Candlelight.

Unfortunately the first Mod overwrites everything and it doesn't work if I installed your Mod first. So I just wonder if your Mod is kinder and can install seamlessly (meaning no overwriting but appending) on FotD...Thanks!

EDIT: I can be of some help perhaps by reporting this: Echon Fields of the Dead removes DIRE_CHARM from the spells.ids list. Also, WIZARD_AGANNAZAR_SCORCHER becomes WIZARD_AGANNAZARS_SCORCHER...

EDIT 2: I informed Echon and he says he will restore the old IDS entries in order to grant compatibility

NOTE: IE reports errors about FadeFromColor having too few arguments in scripts: BW05FIN1, BW05FIN7, BW05FIN8, BW05FINT, BW05FITN
Baronius
Thanks for your report, Salk. smile.gif

I don't know FoTD, it changes a lot of things, so I don't know if TGCEp1 is compatible with it or not. (By the way, FoTD isn't a standard WeiDU mod in the "standard WeiDU mod" interpretation of TGC1 readme. I haven't defined "standard WeiDU mod" yet, but common sense says that a mod that overwrites several things and makes global changes on the whole of the game is a special mod, and not a "standard one".)

I welcome Echon's promise to grant compatibility. I don't know why WIZARD_AGANNAZAR_SCORCHER was changed to WIZARD_AGANNAZARS_SCORCHER in FoTD, it results in needless incompatibility risk without any practical use. (I can't think of any rational reason why the change was useful.)

I don't know why it gives an error (I think it's rather a warning, isn't it?) with FadeFromColor. TGCEp1 perfectly installed on BG1TotSC, Tutu and BGT (TotSC is required for TGC) so far. At least I've never noticed any warning, and no one has reported any until now.
Perhaps FoTD alters FadeFromColor, but I don't know why it would make any sense. (If it alters it, it probably makes sense, but I have no idea about it.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.