Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Four Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
dragon_lord
1. Is it possible to change the starting proficiencies of a kit? Like how rangers already have 2 stars in dual wielding.

2. Can you have more than 2 stars in sword and shield?

3. Are the bonuses for proficiencies hard coded?

4. Is the level at which kit's gain proficiency stars tied to the class/hard coded?
NiGHTMARE
1. I don't believe so, but you can change the number of stars they start with. See PROFS.2DA and See PROFSMAX.2DA.

2. You can increase the maximum number of stars in sword and shield, but IIRC when you select the third star in-game, it'll cause a crash. See WEAPPROF.2DA.

3. Hit, damage and weapon speed bonuses are changable, but attacks per round aren't. See WSPECIAL.2DA.

4. Nope. See PROFS.2DA.
ronin69hof
QUOTE(dragon_lord @ Jan 13 2006, 05:00 AM)
1. Is it possible to change the starting proficiencies of a kit? Like how rangers already have 2 stars in dual wielding.

Yes it is, You can create a spell that gives ** stars to dualwield (or what ever). You add the spell to the clab file as ap_spellname (whatever the name is) at first level and during character creation those stars will be there in whatever proficiency you added them too.

ronin
dragon_lord
Thanks for that guys, it really helped. I didn't realise ap spells would show up like that. I tried more than 2 stars in sword and shield and it didn't crash the game it just didn't give you any of the bonuses.
Sorrow
QUOTE(NiGHTMARE @ Jan 13 2006, 11:11 AM)
3. Hit, damage and weapon speed bonuses are changable, but attacks per round aren't. See WSPECIAL.2DA.

Actually, attacks per round are changable, but they apply only to fighters.
ronin69hof
QUOTE(dragon_lord @ Jan 14 2006, 01:29 AM)
Thanks for that guys, it really helped. I didn't realise ap spells would show up like that. I tried more than 2 stars in sword and shield and it didn't crash the game it just didn't give you any of the bonuses.

give me your email and i can send the spell that i use and you can compare it with what you made. I get the extra stars during character creation with the spell i made.

ronin
dragon_lord
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Jan 14 2006, 05:38 PM)
give me your email and i can send the spell that i use and you can compare it with what you made.  I get the extra stars during character creation with the spell i made.

ronin

No need, it works.
ronin69hof
QUOTE(dragon_lord @ Jan 14 2006, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE(ronin69hof @ Jan 14 2006, 05:38 PM)
give me your email and i can send the spell that i use and you can compare it with what you made.  I get the extra stars during character creation with the spell i made.

ronin

No need, it works.

Great, thats good to hear

ronin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.