Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Components of the mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
aigleborgne
Now that the mod will be mostly installed by patching, there will be many optional components.

Main component: Enhanced NPC

Optional component :

- Enhanced monsters

- New experience table for NPC & monsters

- Kit for npc (non only joinable)

- BG2 mage scrolls for spells level 1 to 5 : you will be able to find in stores and maybe on some NPC

- Tweak quantity of items in stores (no more infinite numbers of scrolls, wands, ...)

- Tweak powerful items : some items are too powerful and will be tone down

(to be continued...)
aigleborgne
Tutu BG2Spells

* Replace BG1 spells by their BG2's version
* Spell's fixes (BG2FixPack, credits to Kevin Dorner, CamDawg...)
* Racial traits fixes (credits to aVENGER)

This is a small mod to install right after tutufix... if you want to have good bg2 spells.

Enhanced Creatures

* Enhanced NPC
* New experience value for NPC
* Enhanced monsters
* BG2 mage scrolls for spells level 1 to 5
* Tweak quantity of items in stores
* Tweak powerful items
* Kit for non-joinable NPC
* Double duration for charm's spells
* Corrected thac0, hit points, and saving throws

About NPC and monsters: modifications are read from a 2da file.
This way, it's easier to check what I did on each cre, to modify something you don't like...

Although kits are an optional component, mages will freely have various kits. It was kinda stupid most mages in the game are either no-kit, either conjurer.
They will now receive an appropriate kit from classic mage kit to more advanced like wild mage and sorcerer.

Other classes will have a kit if you choose to install the component.

Double duration for charm's spells ? Yes, as it was in classic BG1.
A dire charm will last 1 turn, and domination 16 rounds. Otherwise those spells are really underpowered.

Corrected thac0, hit points, and saving throws : this is an optional component but shoult be installed anyway. It affects both monsters and npc, giving them correct values.

On a final note, Divine Remix have been chosen to be a require mod.
Originally, it was only for kit component. But I won't be able to assign the new spells or spheres (unless I make a new spellbook for all clerics)
Salk
All this sounds very promising, aigleborgne! tongue.gif So we are going to have two distinct mods and that's just great! Hear you soon! happy.gif
tatyana
cool!! that's good, I like the concept! thumb.gif
I'll take a look into that soon enough. smile.gif
Salk
Thank you for your interest, Tatyana but at the moment I would not advice to play the Alpha version that has been released as it's largely incomplete.

I must ask you to be patient and wait untill the author enters again his modding sourge. wink.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.