Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a tester & help!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Gah
I tried to make a NPC named Kitch. He's a WOLF NPC (sorry guys, but wolf seemed like the best, even thought EVERYONE uses it) And, I even made him a wolf theif. But I'm not sure i did everything right, there are no sounds, a lame ass pic, and all i have is a .tp2, .cre, .d, and the setup. dry.gif I thought there had to be a place for the npc to spawn ect. unless i'm mistaken... wacko.gif Anyone care to test it? It would be awesome, ya kno, test it give me some more pointers. Thx alot. I'm kinda frustrated and what not...hell, I'm so n00bish, I don't even know how to get it on here! mad.gif
Andyr
To make him spawn you'll need to add some code to an existing area script--try looking at an existing NPC mod's code to see what sort of thing you need to do.
Gah
Also, I have no friggin idea how to compile it, I tried to do it, like the tutorial said, and went to run, command. But when I tried to go to my bg 2 directory(cd C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA) it said:Too Many parameters- Files\Black. What do I do?
Baronius
The path contains a whitespace. Put it inside quotation marks:
"C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA"
Gah
Now it says:

C:\DOCUME~1\GAMES>"C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA"
'C:\Program' is not reconized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Baronius
Did you type it as a stand-alone command? I thought you wanted to CHANGE DIRECTORY to it, i.e.:
cd "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA"

What operating system or file manager are you using?
And to tell the truth, I don't really understand what you're trying to do.
Sikret
First, I suggest that you download Context text editor. It's not mandatory/necessary to work with this particular editor, but its the best text editor for your purposes. It can be obtained from here:

http://www.context.cx/

Second, in order to have your NPC spawn, you need to make a text file with the name of the area in which your NPC will spawn. Then you should rename your text file's extension to .baf

Use the context program to make the text file and then rename it. For example if you want your NPC spawn in bridge district, your text file's name will be AR0500.baf

AR0500 is bridge district's area code. A list of other area codes can be found here:

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/cheats.html#area

As to what you need to type in this text file:

Let's assume that your NPC's script name (or death value) is g2gah. And you want it to spawn somewhere in bridge district. You should type the following in your AR0500.baf text file:

IF
Global("g2gah","AR0500",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("g2gah","AR0500",1)
CreateCreature("g2gah",[x.y],z)
END

Where x and y are the coordinates of the exact location and z is a number which show the direction of your NPCs face where he is standing (it ranges from 0 to 15).

Then you will just need to append this to your AR0500.bcs file.

You do not need to use the RUN command on your computer. It is a way, but you do not need to do it in that way.

I am also a comparatively novice modder, Gah!. If I have made any mistakes (in what I have written above) others here will kindly correct them.
Gah
ALRIGHT I'M PISSED!!! The only problem i think i'm having, is the .tp2 file, every time i try and test what i've got, it messes up, let me show you, i've attached the .tp2 file, and i'll post more, for the rest, the .d, .cre, and what not someone help!!!
Gah
Here's the .cre
Gah
And the .baf
Gah
and the .d
Gah
I'm pretty sure i've fucked up on everyting... dry.gif
Rabain
From looking at your tp2 I'd say that you need to change the name of your cre from j#vondo.cre to something more unique (this is from Cam's tutorial no?). Also you have kept the folder name from the tutorial instead of your own installation folder name which would appear to be "Kitch TheNPC".

The part underneath this with the SAY NAME1 needs to have actual text atfer it in tilde's: SAY NAME1 ~Kitch~ etc where the text relates to what your character will say: SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~Stop clicking on me!~ and so on.

WFKitch is the dialog name assigned to the creature it the cre file? You are missing a BEGIN before Firstmeeting at the top of the dialogue file.

Make sure the creatures exporatable flag is turned off in the cre file or else he will behave like a multiplayer npc in the game.
Gah
Bah! i've given up on bg2 modding, been gone 4 a while, messin around with NWN, its alot eaiser. Anyone got nwn, look for my mod at the ign nwvault. I'll probally b done in a couple weeks, called Knighthood thx for the help, but i'm no good at scripting (my nwn mod barely has any in it as it is)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.