Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IceWind Dale Improvements
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
balduran
IceWind Dale Imrovements - This is the site. There's a readme file and also a download link to the Dragonshoard.

The mod's version is #1. It consists of four rule tweaks, compatible both with HoW and ToL:

1. Weapons For All
2. Improved Races component
3. Wizards Know Better (have more Lore) component
4. x6 Backstab Multiplier

If you feel that more fixes can be adapted to IWD, post here or PM me.
Seifer
The weapons for all seems a bit of an overkill or a tweak for the sake of it to be honest. Thieves wondering around with halberds or wizards with crossbows?

Kinda kills the roleplaying element.
balduran
You don't need to use it if don't want. Though I have to admit that a thief with a halberd would be strange combo. But when I made it, I was thinking rather of a cleric with a helberd and a mage with a Two-handed sword.

REMINDER: Components install sepparately.
Baronius
I also don't prefer thieves with halberds, but I agree entirely with balduran that everyone should only install those components which he or she will enjoy in the game.

Long ago I made a mod for Sorcerer's Place (and upgraded it a few times meanwhile), which includes powerful (~over-powered) spells and an item. I have never played my game with that mod installed (and I would never install such mods), but many players seem to prefer such overpowered stuff.
Klorox
Very interesting.

When I played pnp D&D, we'd allow weapons for anybody, but it it wasn't originally a weapon that class could use, the proficiency would cost you twicw as much.

Still, it's nice to see an elven wizard using a bow when they're not casting a spell.

Giving a Dwarf a starting CON of 20 (slow regeneration) is way too powerful though. If you're hurt you can just travel to a new area and be completely healed!
giuseppe
Played this mod 2 year ago, enjoyed it much, keep up the good work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.