Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bug Reports
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Magnus_025
Ok, we'll wait it!! BTW I have a question, the last realease was Spell pack V3, no? Correct me if I'm mistaken. In that package there aren't many wizard spells, no? I installed it and I'm having problems, not compatibility but graphic problems. When I cast a spell, i. e Stinking Cloud I see the new graphics for this spell, but all the clouds are sorrounded by a square. I also saw this casting Elysium tears and dispel magic some time ago and I can't remember if it was playing in my girlfriend's computer (a bit old and it could be a problem of the pc's resources) or in mine's (old for the modern computers but more new and powerful than my girlfriend's) May it be a problem of the computers, of other mods installed or...? Please answer Great Galactygon. smile.gif
Galactygon
split by Galactygon from Mod/Web updates

Ok, we'll wait it!! BTW I have a question, the last realease was Spell pack V3, no?
Correct me if I'm mistaken. In that package there aren't many wizard spells, no?

Both are correct.

I installed it and I'm having problems, not compatibility but graphic problems. When I cast a spell, i. e Stinking Cloud I see the new graphics for this spell, but all the clouds are sorrounded by a square. I also saw this casting Elysium tears and dispel magic some time ago and I can't remember if it was playing in my girlfriend's computer (a bit old and it could be a problem of the pc's resources) or in mine's (old for the modern computers but more new and powerful than my girlfriend's) May it be a problem of the computers, of other mods installed or...?

The reason you are experiencing those problems is because your Graphics card is outdated; I do experience the same problems on my old laptop, but not to the extent you mentioned. This is due to .bam workshop somehow not selecting the proper background colour when you save/modify an animation. I have rectified a lot of this since the last release, so expect a fix if/when I release SpellPack V4.

-Galactygon
Magnus_025
Thank your for answering! So it's as I supposed. My girlfriend's Pc is too old (eight years without updating anything). So I'll wait for V4. Will we have to wait too long for it? (I mean months, weeks, days, hours... biggrin.gif ) I'm willing to cast all the great spells I've seen on the screenshots page! And to use the new GUI. As I said, they are great.
BTW let me tell you that it's amazing how you work and what kind of things you know how to do with a Pc. You're a genius. I'm 25 years old and I know nothing of Pcs.
aVENGER
Great work on the Spell Pack, Galactygon! I've recently tried it and I'm absolutely loving the IWD-style Spiritual Hammer and Static Charge. cool.gif However, I noticed a few minor issues with some of the spells:
  • Spiritual Hammer allows the caster's strength bonus to apply to the damage it deals, while it shouldn't per PnP rules and per the IWD1 implementation. Note: this bug is also present in the unmodded BG2.
  • Sunscorch doesn't properly display the "Blinded" string. It appears to be using an invalid strref.
  • Beast Claw actually grants the caster 18/75 Strength while it should only be 18/72 per the spell's description and per PnP rules.
  • Thorn Spray crashed the game a few times (not sure what caused this).

BTW, I'm looking forward to the entire PnP conversion once it gets done, keep up the good work!. thumb.gif
Galactygon
Hello aVENGER, glad to see you have tried my SpellPack. I even had to check which version I released; it has been a long time since I last received even a "hello".

Because of my load from university, I will have to return to those bugs a bit later (sometime this weekend).

Nonetheless, the indication of bugs (however small) means I should seriously start considering another SpellPack release (V4) with even more spells in addition to fixes. So yet another change in plans for me, eh?

-Galactygon
Galactygon
QUOTE(aVENGER @ Oct 28 2007, 04:05 PM) *
Spiritual Hammer allows the caster's strength bonus to apply to the damage it deals, while it shouldn't per PnP rules and per the IWD1 implementation. Note: this bug is also present in the unmodded BG2.

I fixed that in my install of Lost Crossroads a while ago, but didn't include that in the SpellPack release. Will include it for the next release.

Sunscorch doesn't properly display the "Blinded" string. It appears to be using an invalid strref.

Will fix.

Beast Claw actually grants the caster 18/75 Strength while it should only be 18/72 per the spell's description and per PnP rules.

Will fix.

Thorn Spray crashed the game a few times (not sure what caused this).

I have encountered this whenever I summon invisible and invulnerable creatures. It (still is) a major source of bugs in my current install of Lost Crossroads. And it doesn't always happen, so I could easily catch the source of this bug, but it happens often enough to annoy the crap out of anyone playing the game.

In this case, thorn spray summons some number of invis/invulnerable creatures and shoots thorns at them to mimick an explosion.

As for why that exactly occours, I have no idea. My (wild) guess might be an override folder with thousands of files causing this.

On a more positive note, I have rearranged the fireball.ids in a more logical manner, and so Thorn Spray uses a seperate entry in my latest install of Lost Crossroads. There are some flaws in this implementation, but it isn't as messy as using invis/invulnerable creatures.

-Galactygon
aVENGER
Good to hear you're making progress. smile.gif BTW, may I suggest a few more spells from IWD1 which would be nice to have in BG2? For reference, I'll include the corresponding IWD1 spell files in the brackets.

Priest Spells
  • Exaltation (SPPR316.SPL)
  • Moonblade (SPPR318.SPL)
  • Spike Growth (SPPR320.SPL)
  • Star Metal Cudgel (SPPR420.SPL)
  • Wall of Moonlight (SPPR423.SPL)
  • Spike Stones (SPPR512.SPL)
  • Animal Rage (SPPR517.SPL)
  • Impervious Sanctity of Mind (SPPR716.SPL)
  • Mist of Eldath (SPPR720.SPL)

Mage Spells
  • Cat's Grace (SPWI223.SPL)
  • Antimagic Shell (SPWI601.SPL)
  • Mordenkainen's Sword - IWD/PnP version (SPWI704.SPL)
  • Mind Blank (SPWI804.SPL)
Caedwyr
I've noticed that with Spellpack v3 installed that the Call Lightning spell and Flamestrike do not do any damage. This could have something to do with the projectile, but every time I see one of these spells hit a target, nothing happens other than the graphic plays.
Sikret
QUOTE(Caedwyr @ Nov 18 2007, 10:04 AM) *
I've noticed that with Spellpack v3 installed that the Call Lightning spell and Flamestrike do not do any damage. This could have something to do with the projectile, but every time I see one of these spells hit a target, nothing happens other than the graphic plays.

Has it possibly changed the spells' secondary type from "Offensivedamage" to something else? If so, change back the secondary type and they will be most probably fixed.

EDIT: I misread your problem and confused it with something else. Forget what I wrote above.
Galactygon
aVENGER: Sorry, I was about to answer your post, but I completely forgot about it.

QUOTE(aVENGER @ Nov 4 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Good to hear you're making progress. smile.gif BTW, may I suggest a few more spells from IWD1 which would be nice to have in BG2? For reference, I'll include the corresponding IWD1 spell files in the brackets.
(...)

All of those spells except for Cat's Grace have been implemented in Lost Crossroads. However, some of them require major changes from the game, and SpellPack does not deal with any major changes. So here is a list I could do for the next version:

QUOTE(aVENGER @ Nov 4 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Priest Spells
  • Moonblade (SPPR318.SPL)
  • Spike Growth (SPPR320.SPL)
  • Star Metal Cudgel (SPPR420.SPL)
  • Wall of Moonlight (SPPR423.SPL)
  • Spike Stones (SPPR512.SPL)
  • Animal Rage (SPPR517.SPL)
  • Mist of Eldath (SPPR720.SPL)
Mage Spells
  • Antimagic Shell (SPWI601.SPL)
  • Mordenkainen's Sword - IWD/PnP version (SPWI704.SPL)

I also intend a remake on Black Blade of Disaster, as well as a few others that do not require any major changes.

QUOTE(Caedwyr @ Nov 18 2007, 07:34 AM) *

Have you restarted your computer after installing SpellPack? From what I know, sometimes the game doesn't always recognize new projectiles until after the computer is restarted.

It worked that way on my old computer, although it doesn't anymore for my newer one.

If that doesn't work, you could check if the subspells are cast or not by setting names of all SPPR503X spells to some value, and see if the game displays them or not.

For me, it worked when I last tested (albeit it was long ago).

QUOTE(Sikret @ Nov 18 2007, 12:54 PM) *
Has it possibly changed the spells' secondary type from "Offensivedamage" to something else? If so, change back the secondary type and they will be most probably fixed.

Secondary types do nothing of that sort. For sure.

-Galactygon
Nazar
Hello, just installed spellpack v3 and while in IC started seeing the wierd graphics on a hanfull of spells. Any chance there is a fix for this...something I could do or say v4 coming out soon? I restarted cpu after install as far as I can tell the spells work fine just the graphics are bad...Thanks in advance, Nazar
Galactygon
QUOTE(Nazar @ Dec 20 2007, 05:36 AM) *
Hello, just installed spellpack v3 and while in IC started seeing the wierd graphics on a hanfull of spells. Any chance there is a fix for this...something I could do or say v4 coming out soon? I restarted cpu after install as far as I can tell the spells work fine just the graphics are bad...Thanks in advance, Nazar

If you could tell me exactly what is happening with the graphics, I would be more capable of helping.

About V4: Yes, I am in the process of assembling it.

-Galactygon
Nazar
Thanks for the help, I am just now in Iren Dungeon and have casted some spells that throw a block up around the casting area. the colors vary of the blocks and it does not happen with all spells, actually casting with my magic in the wand room and emotion has a small rectangle and three colored plumes in the center, also some of the mephits that use ranged attacks have the same graphic. that is all I know for now cause my spell inventory is small at the moment. Also glitter dust same graphic
Galactygon
Do you mean an ugly turquoise rectangle is drawn around some of the animations? This is a known error that happened to several people (including me), and has to do with an incorrect RGB value assigned to the transparency index.

If it is not something of the above, a screenshot would help.

-Galactygon
Nazar
Yes that is it a bluish rectangle...
Galactygon
It is already fixed in my version of Lost Crossroads. Will be included in V4.

-Galactygon
Nazar
Is there anything I can do now locally on my end to resolve?

Regards, nazar
Nazar
Oh and if not then v4 comes out will I be able to patch in place or uninstall down to SpellPack....

Oh and one more thing is any of this having an affect on damage or results of the spells or just pure graphics
Galactygon
QUOTE(Nazar @ Dec 20 2007, 06:41 AM) *
Is there anything I can do now locally on my end to resolve?

Open some of the .bam files (I do not know exactly their names) using DLTCEP. Open the palettes of the .bam files, and set RGB value of the first colour to black (0,0,0) instead of turquoise (0,151,151). The first colour is always on the top left corner.

QUOTE(Nazar @ Dec 20 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Oh and if not then v4 comes out will I be able to patch in place or uninstall down to SpellPack....

Because some of the changes will be radical, you might have to uninstall V3, and then install V4. But it will have little impact on your game.

QUOTE(Nazar @ Dec 20 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Oh and one more thing is any of this having an affect on damage or results of the spells or just pure graphics

Just pure graphics.

-Galactygon
Nazar
Thanks for you help, nazar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.