Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 28th Olympic Games
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Vlasák
Are you interested in Olympic Games? Do you have any favorite competitors there? What is your favorite competition?

(umm, let's start some non-IE thread wink.gif )
Baronius
I am not a big sportsman (not even as the watcher of sport TV programmes or channels), but I always gladly watch the Olympic games (supporting the sportmen and sportswomen of Hungary naturally)

Anyway, what sport do I like to watch? I think I usually cheer for the Hungarian waterpolo team, not just because it usually gets the gold medal but because I like that sport too, especially when such professional sportsmen play it.
Swimming (all types) is also a favourite of mine, and we Hungarians are good in that too. And fencing.

What other sports do I watch where Hungary isn't present? I like athletics, some parts (I don't know the correct term at the moment) of it are very nice; they do some very nice movements and such.

Beside the competitors of Hungary -- as everyone -- I also have some individual favourites and some teams (from various countries) who I keep my fingers crossed.
Vlasák
Hungary is good in heavy athletics - I do remember the competitors in hammer throwing.

All sports in Olympic games are attractive but I prefer most the athletics and swimming as my favorite events. Swimming is almost over now - we could see great swimming battles between Thorpe, van den Hoogendband and Phelps - athletics starts today...

I look forward for decathlon and track events as well as jumping (pity that Kajsa Berquist is injured, high jump lost a major part of attractivity tongue.gif )

Gymnastics is very interesting as well... I can't still believe that such tricks that competitors perform can be done somewhere else than in Matrix movies biggrin.gif
Galactygon
Speaking of Hungary, I am planning to watch the fireworks of August 20 quite soon...

-Galctygon
Baronius
Yeah it's the Constitution Day here today. Will you be there personally or will watch it in TV?
Windwalker
Since the Olympics are in Greece right now, I would like to say that my uncle (Nikos is his name, I won't mention the second name) is playing water polo in the Olympic Games, as a goalkeeper. But the coach prefers his substitute. pffffff tongue.gif
Ragnar
I try to watch it whenever I get the chance, I don't mind what's on but I prefere the Swimming and Boxing.
Vlasák
My favorite in women swimming, Inge de Bruijn won the gold medal today, so she has all three medals from this Olympic games, great tongue.gif
Baronius
Waldner (the tabletennis King from Sweden) was just defeated by a Korean player (don't want me to write his name correctly). Was a highly exciting fight!
seanas
i've just watched Walder lose the bronze medal playoff against the world #1, Wang Liqing - another fantastic game. i've been really enjoying the badminton too: makes me want to take up playing badminton!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.