Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just finished TGC1
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Creepin
Since Blackwyrm is finally back, I'd like to say that I was really enjoying the mod. It has intriguing overall plot and interesting twists. But what knoks me most is that TGC is absolutely bug-free! Most unusual feature for mod wink.gif Alas, it ends so abruptly indeed sad.gif Any chance we'll get Ep.II anytime soon? smile.gif
Baronius
I am more than happy to hear that you enjoyed my mod!
It has some minor bugs actually (e.g. a Club is unsellable, having 0 gp value) which will be fixed in the next release of TGC1, but I don't know of any serious bugs either. "Quality" includes the goal of bug-free mod creation too in our motto ("Creativity, Quality, Infinity"). smile.gif

Unfortunately Episode II will only be available in Summer (or later), I am afraid. No time to develop it. sad.gif
Western Paladin
Just like to say I also enjoyed In Candlelight very much. biggrin.gif It's quite difficult but nowhere near as hard as BG2's Tactics mod. I got slaughtered over and over again by the second meeting with the Tattooed Man (at the Friendly Arm Inn) until I realized there were some Flaming Fists and allies just standing around outside the inn with nothing to fight. So I lured his Wind Horrors and the three undead to the wizard just southwest of the walls (can't remember his name offhand). After they were dead I was surprised just how easily the Tattooed Man went down without his minions.

The only thing was that I didn't complete the golem quest because I couldn't find all the keys. I looked in every ground pile at least two or three times. Oh well, maybe on my next campaign. smile.gif
Baronius
The only thing was that I didn't complete the golem quest because I couldn't find all the keys. I looked in every ground pile at least two or three times. Oh well, maybe on my next campaign.  smile.gif
Hint: as the journal says, the keys won't be lying on the ground, because Grey Bandits have already collected them. You will most likely find them among the items of other characters.

I got slaughtered over and over again by the second meeting with the Tattooed Man (at the Friendly Arm Inn) until I realized there were some Flaming Fists and allies just standing around outside the inn with nothing to fight.

This is the good tactic, yes! By the way, I need to know something: was the Tattooed Man called "Tattooed Man" or was he called "Grachus" at the FAI? This might be a bug because his name in FAI should be Grachus, his real name, and other players also mentioned that he was still called Tattooed Man at the Inn. And are you playing stock BG1 or BG1Tutu?
Western Paladin
Sorry, I should have been more specific. His name definitely displayed correctly as Grachus. I was using BG1 Tutu. smile.gif
Linguist in Training
Great job! I really enjoyed the mod, even though I could never find the small brass key (CLUAConsole is my friend...). I'm glad to see that this hasn't died and eagerly await the next installment.
Baronius
Western Paladin: thanks for the information, glad to hear that it is not a bug after all. smile.gif

Linquist in Training: Thanks for the compliment, glad to hear you liked it! Hint for the Small Brass Key: as I said earlier, the keys have already been collected mostly by bandits. When you meet the dwarves, there is a half-ogre as well (or more). smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.