Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kits...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Brave Sir Garrick
I recently found some text which has official 2nd Edition DnD rules and information. I read a bit about classes and found that the ones in Baldur's Gate II seem to not resemble the PnP stuff at all. This does not seem to be due to engine limitations, since most of them are very doable.
One example is the Avenger kit in BG2. It actually resembles the official Totemic Druid kit more, in my opinion. The Avenger kit in PnP gets proficiency bonuses, and a few other things. Basically, my question is, anyone else notice this or did I miss something?
Andyr
We've made quite a few kits at G3, and have indeed noticed that the BioWare ones in BG2 don't always correspond perfectly to their pnp incarnations. Some of them could be done, but something we've found quite often (for bards in particular, actually) is that most of the advantages and drawbacks are more roleplaying in nature so couldn't be implemented very well in the game. In general, if you put just the advantages in then you get a kit which is very unbalanced. A case in point would be the BioWare Clerics, who get free spells for no penalties at all. No reason not to take a kit... The kits should be balanced with respect to the trueclass.
Brave Sir Garrick
Alright, so I'm not the only one whom has noticed this then. happy.gif Well, I can understand them being a bit off or something... but a lot of them are totally different from their PnP incarnation. That's why I found it so strange. Thanks for the response though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.