Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bug report
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Anomaly
Hello,

I have begun a new game with SOA+TOB (french version), Tutu 4 (FixPack 13) and Grey Clan episode I : In CandleLight (v1.00). This mod sounds great ; what a pity the french translation of the previous version got lost. sad.gif

I am using the BG2 Ease-Of-Use's component that allows unlimited stack of potions, arrows, scrolls, etc... Thanks to this mod and Durlag's Tower, I had a stack of 30 healing potions.

I was in the house where the spy was captured and tortured. I killed the bandits, then I gave the injuried woman a healing potion. But, I did not give one potion, but my all 30 ! sad.gif

I have found a workaround by dropping 29 potions on the floor and give the last to the woman, but it seems to be a bug. I hope this is not an engine's limitation.

Thanks for listening... and sorry for my poor english. mellow.gif
jastey
What a weird bug. It sais "TakePartyItem("_POTN08")", so there is actually no evidence why all 30 portions are used at once. Maybe some inconsistency that appears for installed "unlimited stack of potions", but I never heard of such a problem before.
Maybe Baronius has an idea when he will be here next time. smile.gif
Baronius
No, no idea. If it's a bug or whatever we call it, then it's the question of aspect whether we consider it as the problem of the Unlimited Stacking component, the engine itself or the Grey Clan Ep1... to tell more accurate information, I would need to look into this matter, but I don't think it is worth it.
You solved the problem after all, Anomaly. smile.gif The mod will have a new version released (with major changes), I don't know when exactly, but I don't think I can do anything with the stack problem because it doesn't seem to be the bug of my mod. smile.gif
Anomaly
You're right, it's difficult to say. I guess I should write a dummy mod to identify the real cause of the problem.

I have also found some small glitches :
- The oak club +1 is unsellable (0 gp)
- The Club of the Archdruid +2 is also unsellable (0 gp)
- "Find Charles" journal entry is not erased when this sub-quest is completed
- How Charles managed to escape the Friendly Arm Inn by bypassing the magic shield ? An easy solution would be to let him appear in the cursed cave, then bringing him to the exit with the party with crystal servant's help.
Baronius
I will definitely fix the first three bugs, thank you!
Answer to your last question: Charles was the member of the Clan. Bandit groups are often teleported in and out by Reufasio or other Clan mages, so as a member of the Grey Clan it wasn't too hard for him to leave the area. By the way, if you have saved Mary and returned to Damien, Mary also told a way of escape. smile.gif

I received other bug reports and corrections as well as the BGT conversion of the mod (many thanks to Ascension64!!), so I will release a new version of the mod as soon as possible (not too soon, unfortunately).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.