Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two new areas
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Azure NPC
balduran
This is the village for which I used the Ulgoth's Beard area. I tweaked it a little to get rid of the water and add a few ne elements:

IPB Image

This is the new plane available through Azure's romance:

IPB Image
balduran
And the offer is still on the table. If anyone wants to purchase a house, post here.
Galactygon
Interesting areas. You could try and flip the village area horizontally (you could do this with a single click of a button in DLTCEP). The plane area looks awesome.

-Galactygon
balduran
If I flip it I'd have to rework all doors in the area, and this is something I would rather avoid. I don't know why, but most of the closed door polygons in the area don't want to extract correctly.

Will the DLTCEP flip the ARE and WED file as well, or just the TIS?
hlidskialf
QUOTE(balduran @ Oct 1 2005, 01:52 AM)
If I flip it I'd have to rework all doors in the area, and this is something I would rather avoid. I don't know why, but most of the closed door polygons in the area don't want to extract correctly.

Will the DLTCEP flip the ARE and WED file as well, or just the TIS?

DLTCEP will flip the entire area, .wed and .are file included. It's a quick, handy way to give those old graphics a new perspective.
balduran
Probably you'd think I am an idiot, and you would be absolutely right, but I just can't find the button that flips the map. Is it in ARE/WED edit or in TIS edit?
Moongaze
Wow, that new plane map looks very interesting...and it greatly makes me wonder what a druidess has to do with a plane. Lookin' forward to it. happy.gif
balduran
They are part of a familiy quest. The plane is actually somewhat of a prison.
Shinook
Cool areas wink.gif . Just one question : Did you use IETME to create the area ( only for graphic elements I mean ) ? 'cause I'm using it to create areas, but it's not very easy, especially for large maps and forests.
Sir-Kill
butting in here you should use 'the gimp' if you do not have a better graphics editor.
then you just have to make the area files in iether ietme ot DLTCEP I would recommend DLTCEP.
DLTCEP Area Tutorial (by Yovaneth)
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Commu...ceptutorial.htm
Shinook
I have Photoshop 8, but how can I use tiles with this software. IETME is better because you can use tiles, but I have some bugs...
Sir-Kill
just erase the background (using background eraser or cut it off with the selection tool) and paste it as a new layer on your image that you are currently working on. If kept as a new layer you can move it around later, hide it. and even create desent shadows for them too.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask in the graphics dept.
you will find that PH is far better with graphics that iteme could ever be.
Seifer
In fairness, it wasn't designed for that really, just the ability to convert graphics into acceptable IE formats.
balduran
QUOTE(Shinook @ Feb 21 2006, 08:37 PM)
Cool areas wink.gif . Just one question : Did you use IETME to create the area ( only for graphic elements I mean ) ? 'cause I'm using it to create areas, but it's not very easy, especially for large maps and forests.

I used PaintShop Pro 7 and Infinity Engine TileSet editor for ading doors and other objects such as trees and unpassable areas of the map.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.