Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More screenshots and Progress Report
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Baronius
Progress report: mod is finished. Will be released. Within a day or two. smile.gif

Screenshots: some screenies for those who are interested

Update: unfortunately the screenshots accidently got deleted from their original location, but now it's not a tragedy because the mod was released a long time ago -- so go try the mod then biggrin.gif
Galactygon
They are quite nice. One part I might wish to comment are those items lacking a background story to it; even reward items (I take it the dagger is a reward item) have some kind of a background story to it.

Otherwise, I find the screenshots quite intriguing. smile.gif

-Galactygon
Baronius
Actually, I have to disappoint you, as this is just a small add-in, according to the original concept too.
So no quests in it, or rewards. Just money, and items. The weapon is an enchanted item, the druid enchants an unenchanted weapon you give him. The result of the process is a weapon with random enchantment.
Anyway you will see everything when released. smile.gif
And thanks for the compliment, i.e. that you like the screenshots' content.
Galactygon
When you stated in an earlier post:
Progress report: mod is finished. Will be released. Within a day or two.

I thought you meant the entire quest pack rather than the herbs/potions add-on, hence the above suggestion of adding in background histories for the items. wink.gif

-Galactygon
icelus
Hooray for BG1 mods! biggrin.gif
Echon
I also like backgrounds for unique magical items but it is not a must, just a nice bonus.

Extreme nitpicking: in the description of the staff and the dagger, 'piercing' and 'crushing' are not written with capital letters like the rest of it. I am not sure if that is normal in BG, though, as I may have changed that in FotD. The Acidic Explosive also states that "once thrown, this bottle will immediatly explode [...]". At it says at the end, you probably mean it will explode when it hits the ground.

Other than that, it all looks good.

-Echon
Baronius
Thanks Echon, the acidic explosive's description will be fixed!

*Possible Spoiler* These items can't have unique background because it works in this way in Herbs pack: you have an unenchanted dagger, give it to druid and she enchants it for you. The result is random.
By the way, this enchanting thing and the items is just a small addition, it isn't supposed to be something significant. (There will be a complete list of potions you can brew and items you can enchant, of course those who plan to install Herbs pack should not read that)

As for the letters of the crushing and piercing, the base descriptions of these items were copied from original BG1, and there they don't use capital letters. Although for most of the players, this doesn't count at all (I also don't care too much, although I like organized systems) so I'll change them to start with uppercase.

Galactygon, in BG1QP things will be detailed! smile.gif
It's a lot of work though, so maybe even Windwalker was wrong with the 120 days IIRC - it might take longer. But it will be a huge mod.
Echon
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 16 2004, 11:57 AM)
As for the letters of the crushing and piercing, the base descriptions of these items were copied from original BG1, and there they don't use capital letters.

Ah, I thought so - I just could not remember if was the case since I standardised the descriptions of all items in BG a long time ago.

-Echon
Drizzt Do'Urden
When is this going to be available for download? I can't wait to see the mod myself.

And I'd like to thank Baronius and everybody else for making a BG1 mod.
Windwalker
When is this going to be available for download? I can't wait to see the mod myself.

Heh, neither can I. smile.gif
If you mean the whole BG1 Quest Pack, well, that might take a while before it is completed. If you mean the Herb Pack, that is about to be released very soon smile.gif

BG1 is becoming quite a popular ground for modifications lately, thanks to BG1Tutu and a couple of modders (Baronius, Echon, for example) who decided to do BG1 mods. It sounds like the game is not going to die any soon.
Baronius
Sorry people, it was supposed to be released 4 days ago but my PC wasn't functioning, I was repairing it. I'll release the Herbs mod today!

Good news however: meanwhile Mathrim Cauthon has translated the Herbs mod to French so v1.0.0 will have a French translation too beyond the English one.
Mathrim Cauthon
Just a little precision : I didn't translate the mod, the work has been done by TannerHell from the D'Oghmatiques smile.gif
Baronius
Ah yeah I knew that, but was too tired, sorry...
Thanks for the correction. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.