Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: contribution
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
Lord-Jyssev
could i get an unclaimed isle? i am great at area editing and would like to contribute to the wtp. island is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Realm; UNDEFINED SE Island group (SE ISLE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Population; UNDEFINED

Background; This area has been RESERVED for major plugin MODs

Status; Unclaimed

Developer(s); NONE

btw: does "This area has been RESERVED for major plugin MODs" mean i can't use it?
Sir-Kill
First let me say that we would welcome your help smile.gif
chevar set up the boundries, that area might be a major/main quest area. but did you want to do more than areas? if not (which is fine) the graphics could still be done I would guess.
DL is gone atm he'll be back no later than thursday night.
Lord-Jyssev
i wouldn't mind doing npc's and such, my work wouldn't come in the fastest, as i am still working on my mod.
dragon_lord
btw: does "This area has been RESERVED for major plugin MODs" mean i can't use it?
It means the area is for a major quest/plot plugin but isnt part of a race region. So if you want to make a big quest/plot for that area go right ahead smile.gif
Lord-Jyssev
should the whole island be one map?
Sir-Kill
no. the islands are fairly large, 4-5? maybe.
Lord-Jyssev
great! already started.
Lord-Jyssev
IPB Image

here's my progress so far. planning to add content to town (inside and outside of the walls) also plan to add sand along the coasts (not in the town...) note: this is at approx 20% zoom
Lord-Jyssev
erm... adding sand is definentily out...
Sir-Kill
hey good start. why is sand out? need a texture? and what graphics program are you using? are you working with layers?
Lord-Jyssev
sk- i am working with many many layers! i pieced together that gate roof from the exact same tile over and over again. i would've downloaded the same looking roof, but my connection is sloooooooww...

well i need darker sand...

my photo editor is arcsoft's photoimpression, a very useful tool that I use both for portraits and areas... i have tried the gimp but it just didn't work for me...
Lord-Jyssev
btw, any good textures that are at the bg angle?
Sir-Kill
only about 85 mb of jpgs. heh sent you a pm
Sir-Kill
so hows is this comming any progress?
Lord-Jyssev
well not so good actually, a while before bwl was under construction, i stopped modding then recently i got back into it and lost the file...

also i need community assets back up so i can get some cliff textures that actually look like cliffs...
Lord-Jyssev
oh i had this done for some time though...

also i learned doors!

IPB Image
Lord-Jyssev
doors no longer faze me! i am all powerful

or until i do overlays
Lord-Jyssev
anyone know how community assest are coming along?
Lord-Jyssev
yes, but i cannot download anything yet. i got a tree set a while back but now it takes me to a site that says "This ID doesn't exist" when i try to download something

been trying to get igi's rocks for quite a while...
dragon_lord
QUOTE(Lord-Jyssev @ Nov 24 2005, 10:58 AM)
yes, but i cannot download anything yet. i got a tree set a while back but now it takes me to a site that says "This ID doesn't exist" when i try to download something

been trying to get igi's rocks for quite a while...

I've fixed it now.
Lord-Jyssev
thanks
Rabain
How is this going for you?
Lord-Jyssev
absolutely horrably! i've had to reset hard drive yet again and lost everything! dont know if i can create areas for a while. at least until i am able to get another hard drive sorry guys
Rabain
Yeah that sucks, I've suffered from data loss somewhat with BG1QP recently and it's not easy.

Keep on truckin' and if you need anything just let us know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.