Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting items into the game
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Modder's Tools
Ash
O.K., so I'm a little new, but I've been creating some items with Cromwell's Smithy, nothing that will turn the tide of the game, just make certain kits a bit more fun to play. Now I want to know how to get them into the game so that I actually have to work for them (not just CLUAConsole:CreateItem them). I would like to either add them to a store inventory or put them on a creature somewhere. Anyone know how to do that? I have heard of creature editors and store editors, but can't find any. Thanks.
Baronius
I will explain how to add an Item to a Creature.
  • 1. Download Near Infinity from here: http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/
  • 2. Set it up to work properly with your game (it will ask for your game path i.e. the location of chitin.key when your run it)
  • 3. In the tree view on the left, click the "CRE" branch
  • 4. Let's select a creature, e.g. BANDIT.CRE. (The selected creature depends on the custom creature you want to make. If you want to make a golem, you should find the file of an existing golem in this step.)
  • 5. Right-click on the creature's filename, and choose "Add Copy Of..." and specify a filename.
  • 6. It copies the newly created creature to Override and automatically selects it as well. Let's edit the creature!
  • 7. In the large window on the right, there are buttons. Click "Add..." and choose "Item". It will add an empty item, and will select it in the table (a highlighted row).
  • 8. Click this row. It will open a new window.
  • 9. The Item field has "none" value by default. Type/find the filename of your Item file with the help of the listbox on the bottom of the window.
  • 10. Don't care about the "Unknown" field. If your item is stackable (e.g. a scroll, a potion or an arrow), you can also specify the Quantity you want.
  • 11. Go back, and Save Changes.
Finished!

You can CLUAConsole the creature in the game. To add it to an existing area, you have to learn how to make Infinity Engine scripts, at least how to extend an area script to "summon" a creature. I will gladly help you if you are interested.
tatyana
thumb.gif
adding item to a creature is really amazing...
I love it!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.