Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet Relay Chat for BWL!!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Baronius
Hi,

So instead of waiting for the old data of BWL's old IRC configuration, I decided to install the newest version of the IRC server software on my own.

[22:16] <Baronius> i'm off, eating pancakes
[22:16] <Baronius> be back
[22:16] * Baronius is now known as Bar_pancakes
[22:16] <Bar_pancakes> hmm, nick changing also works
[22:16] <Bar_pancakes> this is a good sign, the server is stable
[22:16] <Meatdog> hehe
[22:16] <Meatdog> do I need to auth or something?

Meatdog was the first user who came in. I didn't inform anyone, but he found the server.
(Probably) as a faithful follower of BWL's IRC, he has kept the BWL's IRC autoconnect line in his self-made mIRC script for half an year, despite the fact that BWL IRC was dead! So every day when he joined the chat servers he chats on, his client also tried to connect BWL. Every day. laugh.gif Because he didn't care to remove the line laugh.gif Incredible.

irc.blackwyrmlair.net:6667
Leutian
great awesome that its back up, hehe and i have the second channel on the server tongue.gif keep up the good work baronius!
Sir-Kill
w00t!! beer.gif thumb.gif partytime.gif
Baronius
Glad to see that you are satisfied, Leutian and SirKill. wink.gif

This is the newest version of the IRC software that was used by the first BWL server. Commands are also easier due to the ANOPE system I installed.

For example you don't have to type /msg nickserv register <password> <email> to register your nickname, and you don't have to type /msg chanserv register #channelname <password> <description> to register an own chatroom: /ns register <password> <email> and /cs register #channelname <password> <description> is enough.

If your nick is registered, you always have to identify yourself (as the nick's owner) when you connect to the IRC server.
Instead of /msg nickserv identify <password> or /ns identify <password>, it's enough to type /identify <password> on BWL's IRC server!

In certain IRC client programs, you will still have to type the longer versions of the commands, but this is the fault of the client program, and not of the server.
CamDawg
For those of us with over-zealous port-blocking ISPs, would it be possible to open up an IRC port outside of the normal 6664-6669, 7000 range? I connect to Gamesurge over port 5960 and Slashnet on 5000.
Baronius
Thanks for your request. 8067 is available. Is it okay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.