Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you (dis)like about the BG2 GuI?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
Post your thoughts on the BG2 GuI (acronym of 'graphical-user-interface') here. Please post both likes and dislikes.

-Galactygon
Andyr
I don't like that a Cleric-Thief's Thievery button is always under the Special Abilities tab, as there's not enough room on the main screen.
Chevar
QUOTE(Galactygon @ Aug 13 2004, 07:14 PM)
Post your thoughts on the BG2 GuI (acronym of 'graphical-user-interface') here. Please post both likes and dislikes.

-Galactygon

I made mine because my wife and I got sick of the drab and dreary ones BG came with.. a little color goes a long way.. as opposed to lighter hughes of puke green, and .. uh.. brown.
balduran
QUOTE(Andyr @ Aug 15 2004, 11:10 PM)
I don't like that a Cleric-Thief's Thievery button is always under the Special Abilities tab, as there's not enough room on the main screen.

This one concludes the reasons for the C/T combo to be so unpopular.
Kalindor
I for one never use the "guard" function. Perhaps that can be moved to special abilites for the C/T. Aren't the buttons on the bars hard-coded, though?
Galactygon

Aren't the buttons on the bars hard-coded, though?

Unfortunately, they are. The most I could do is change the position (on the screen) and the appearance of the buttons.

-Galactygon
balduran
Has anyone trie do to make a GUI for BG2 from the IWD:HOW files?

So far I've only seen Chevar's GUI and it is too colorful for my taste. And it uses elements from BG1 too.
Sir-Kill
EGM have used the IWD2 setting for his gui. on the Reign of the Masque mod. hosted here.
balduran
I checked the forum and the dragon's hoard but it doesn't seem to be available for download.
Galactygon
Both of our (EGM and myself) GuI are very much the same; we both heavily use the IWDII theme. The only difference is that I have placed a few traces of the BG1 theme here and there (because I think they look good), while EGM didn't.

Unfortunately (for you), EGM sent me all of his files and we conversed to merge the two GuI projects, so his GuI work is in my hands right now.

You could still try the TuTuGuI over at pocketplane, which I think it works even if you don't have TuTu installed.

-Galactygon
balduran
I've seen it but I think I like the IWD gui better.

Why don't you put it for download somewhere?
Galactygon

Why don't you put it for download somewhere?

I haven't finished it yet.

-Galactygon
balduran
Do you plan to finish it soon?
Galactygon
I can't answer that, and I don't know.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.