Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Day, Another Kit
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
SilvioArjunza
Alright, so I, like everyone else, have made a stab at the world of Kit making. My idea was for an all-around bard who knew the ropes on almost everything. My problem is, I started creating it with Kiteditor3 version 1.5 (beta), because it's the only one I could find. It's missing a *large* number of the simpler spells, and isn't that user friendly. Does anyone else know of a program which has a full listing of spells, and allows for decent customization?
Avenger_teambg
? wacko.gif
Baronius
Dear SilvioArjunza,

As far as I know, kits are made with WeiDU nowadays. CamDawg's Kit Creation Tutorials are very good for that.
However, you won't be satisfied if you seek an editor with a user-friendly GUI. Modern mods are based on WeiDU, so no matter how much the black windows aren't tempting, sooner or later you will have to learn how to use it. This is essential for the compatibility, to ensure that your mod will be compatible with other mods and can be uninstalled or reinstalled easily.

P.S.: WoRM's forum description says that new spells can requested here, but it is related to the graphics of the spell. smile.gif So you posted your question in the wrong forum. This thread will be moved to the General Modding Discussion forum soon, so you will be able to find it there. wink.gif
SilvioArjunza
Thanks. I guess I didn't read the comments on forum headings close enough. I wasn't expecting it to be totally user friendly, I was just after one that wasn't missing things. wacko.gif
Baronius
I think that with the help of Cam's tutorials that I linked to, you will meet no problems/limits while creating the kit (the kernel of the kit's WeiDU package).
Rastor
My problem is, I started creating it with Kiteditor3 version 1.5 (beta), because it's the only one I could find. It's missing a *large* number of the simpler spells, and isn't that user friendly. Does anyone else know of a program which has a full listing of spells, and allows for decent customization?

DLTCEP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.