Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How modders will/can use the animations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts > The WoRmHole
Seifer
QUOTE(WoRm @ Jul 14 2005, 12:17 PM)
The newest Pit Fiend is available here which now includes actual 'skinned' wings as requested.

IPB Image

you can download him from the link below (I removed the link above so there is no confusion)

PitFiend Download

enjoy rolleyes.gif

Would you mind if I use this?
Lord-Jyssev
yeah i want to use bebilith for a mod with your permission first though...
Rabain
Probably not the right place to ask this but is there going to be some co-ordination between modders (or can we see this) using the same animations so that they don't use different animation slots for the same animation?
T.G.Maestro
Yes, it would be most useful if this thread (and the Upcoming Creature Animations) would be locked and would only contain the downloads instead of misc posts. WoRm, please move these last posts to another thread and lock this topic, if you don't mind. wink.gif
Baronius
The conventions of animation usage must be fixed indeed. I suggest a central Animation List (similar to the Prefix List) , where the slots and the animations that belong to them are listed.
Avenger_teambg
I will probably use the basilisk in dltc. The slot is obviously the mbas slot smile.gif
Lord-Jyssev
I will probobly use bebilith in an underdark mod where you have to battle a giant spider, accompanied be a lot of little spiders... smile.gif
T.G.Maestro
And I'd like to use nearly ALL of the available/upcoming demon/devil animation in a future release of Refinements.
WoRm
Anyone is free to use anything posted. No problems biggrin.gif a simple thank you is all I ask

as for listing animate.IDS the problem lies in that I will have FAR more animations then the animate.IDS has blanks so I just plan on the modders end to decide which animate slot they would like to overwrite and just re-name.
But I will start posting what will be overwritten if you use the creature as is.
Baronius
QUOTE(Rabain)
Probably not the right place to ask this but is there going to be some co-ordination between modders (or can we see this) using the same animations so that they don't use different animation slots for the same animation?

QUOTE(WoRM)
[..] just plan on the modders end to decide which animate slot they would like to overwrite and just re-name.
But I will start posting what will be overwritten if you use the creature as is.

Okay so if I get what you mean, this list can be considered as something that solves the problem pointed out by Rabain.
If more modders are using the same animations, and they want their mods to be compatible with each other, they will use the same slots for the same animations: so neither of their mods will overwrite each others' new animation slots when installed. Am I right?
Avenger_teambg
The recommended usage is to replace the existing slot of the same creature (if possible).
So replace balor with balor, basilisk with basilisk, etc. This might use the list of animation prefixes which overlap (as WoRM mentioned).

Another way would be to use the animation scheme discovered by Max (and me) and used by Galactygon. This could also take advantage from a list.

The third way (the future) is gemrb with the customisable animation slots smile.gif
Vlad
Please take a look here:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=947
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.