Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: xando - new TC
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
igi
Lo folks,
Last night I set myself a challenge, to create a TC in just 1 day.

Well, today I've suceeded in that challenge, with ample time to spare. May I present the first 1-day-TC:
http://mcwrench.com/files/download.php?fil...iixando(02).zip

xando is aimed at the BG2:ToB revision of the IE, and it is recommened the latest offical ToB patch is installed.

xando brings a totally different gaming experience to the IE. Download it and try it out!

Note: This is a TC. You will not get new quests, NPC's, items or spells for the BG2 storyline! xando is not compatible with any other mod - don't even try it!
However, xando is distributed using weidu, and, as long as it's installed last, it should work fine (you just won't see anything else any other mod has installed). xando can be easily uninstalled, just like any other weidu mod. Your game won't be hosed, you house won't fall down, and your dog won't be kidnapped by aliens.

Comments and feedback are welcome!
Avenger_teambg
I guess it is compatible with gbg.
igi
xando is not compatible with any other mod - don't even try it!

That would be a no, it's not compatible with gbg.
Galactygon
Is there no READ-ME?

-Galactygon
Shed
There's one packaged in the mod.
Xando  2.00
-----------

+) Contents
===========
1.    About
2.    Requirements
3.    (Un)Installation
4.    Features
5.    Known Issues
6.    Thanks to
7.    Contact Details

+) Section 1. About
===================
  Xando is a Total Conversion (TC) for the Infinity Engine. The TC is designed for the BG2: ToB revision of the engine.
  While not a true TC (several graphics are re-used from the original game, notably the interface artwork), Xando offers a completely different gaming experience.
  Xando has been created for the sheer experience of creating a TC in a single day. Xando is the only IE TC I know of that's been created in 1 day. In fact, it's the only TC for any game I know of that been created in such a short amount of time. It may not be the most complex game around, but it's something new to the IE, and perhaps will show a way forward from the current state of modding.

To reach the new content, you must start a new SoA game and process through character generation as normal. Once character generation is complete, you should begin Xando.

If there is any interest, I may continue work on Xando.

+) Section 2. Requirements
==========================
  Xando REQUIRES ToB. It is recommended that the latest BG2:ToB patch (v. 26498) is also installed.

+) Section 2. (un)Installation
==============================
  Xando is distributed using the WeiDU distribution technology. To install Xando, unzip the iiXando(xx).zip file (where xx represents the release number) to the BG2 directory, and run Setup-iiXando.exe and follow the prompts (choosing the Yes to install option)

To uninstall, simply run the Setup-iiXando.exe file and follow the prompts (choosing the Uninstall option).

+) Section 3. Features
======================
  * Brings a brand new gaming experience to the IE
  * Hundreds of hours of gameplay time

+) Section 4. Known Issues
==========================
The 'AI' is extremely weak.
The 'quit' and 'reset' labels do not always appear.

If you find any errors, please let me know immediately, specifying as much as you can about your problem.

+) Section 5. Thanks to
=======================
My thanks go to the following people, places and things:
  + IESDP - http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/

+ DLTCEP by Avenger - http://www.dragonlancetc.com/forums/index.php?board=9

+ WeiDU by Weimer - http://www.weidu.org/

Shed, SConrad - beta testing

+) Section 6. Contact Details
=============================
iiXando was created by igi / bt_igi (Marc Wrench)
eMail: igi@mcwrench.com
Forum: www.mcwrench.com/forums
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.