Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Estate Discussion
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Lord-Jyssev
QUOTE("Rabain")
Amkethran as it should have been:

linkeek.gif blink.gif wacko.gif wicked

Rabain: edit - split
Lord-Jyssev
turn this into a mod? biggrin.gif
Rabain
That would be nice, ToB needs some expanding....it's just too much work at the moment.
Lord-Jyssev
how do you do the grass and the trail like parts?
Rabain
I take it you are talking about the village area as I don't think there are any trails/grass in Amkethran!

What I do is cover the whole area in grass first (leaving any trails if there are any in the original), then I use Photoshops Clone Stamp to make the trail. After this I use the Clone stamp at 20% Opacity on either side of the trail to blend it more with the grass.

I do much the same with grass to blend buildings etc where they touch the ground.

The Opacity slider is your friend in area editing.
Lord-Jyssev
the problem is: i dont have photoshop. i have arcsoft photoimpression and all the tutorials out there are for photoshop... sad.gif

EDIT removed really big picture
Lord-Jyssev
i edited that area: removing the stone heads and adding a few tiles from the community assets downloads...
Rabain
Is there a tool for copying what is under the mouse pointer at any point?

In Photoshop it is called Clone Stamp and you can copy any part of the map by setting a radius to be cloned and holding down Alt when your mouse is over the area you want to clone. Then you can simply click anywhere else on the map to lay down the cloned area, by doing this in a line you can create a walkway/path.

I assume there would be something similar in the program you are using.

Another idea might be to find some tiles that are suitable for a walkway path and add them to a new layer in the general direction you want the path to go. Then use your eraser to make the path the proper shape, also blending it with the backgroud if your eraser can be set on different opacitys.
Lord-Jyssev
hmmm never thought about that...

"Is there a tool for copying what is under the mouse pointer at any point?"

yes, it's that squiggly shape on there... it works like lasso or you can make a polygon with it(each time you click, is a corner of a polygon.)
Sir-Kill
have you ever tried The Gimp? I hear it is realy good for a free program.
Lord-Jyssev
nope i do a google for it...
Lord-Jyssev
hmmm is anyone actually going to update the donated areas page to fit rabain's edits?
Sir-Kill
I think that Rab might have rar'ed the jpg not the bmp but if he wants to get then to me (again?)I can up load them.
Rabain
Yeah I never uploaded this one. 16mb bmp even after raring!

I just don't have the time at the moment to wait for it to upload. I'll put this up by the end of the week.

Any other ToB area's you might like to see changed/expanded just let me know!
NiGHTMARE
I'd love to see AR6005 with the portal in the NW replaced by another tunnel entrance.
Rabain
Something like THIS ?
Rabain
Bmp for Amkethran has been uploaded. Link to it can be found in THIS post. 16.5mb rar file.
NiGHTMARE
Re: the modified AR6005, that's pretty much perfect, thanks smile.gif. Is there any chance you could do something similar with AR3015?

In case you're wondering, I'm working on expanding the Underdark in SoA.
Sir-Kill
Rabain is on vacation for a couple of weeks he might be able to take care of that when he returns. Did you want to keep the portals and that blue statue?
NiGHTMARE
What I'm after is for the portals to be replaced with cave entrances. I'm not bothered about the statue either way smile.gif.
Rabain
I just noticed this today, do you still need that change to AR3015?

I can take a look at it at the weekend if you do.
NiGHTMARE
Yep, that'd be great smile.gif. It'll greatly help us move forward on the path to the first Lands of Intrigue beta...
Rabain
Here you go. I left the statue in.

edit: corrupt file removed...see below.
NiGHTMARE
Thanks for your time and hard work smile.gif. Unfortunately, the RAR seems to be corrupt, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Rabain
Try Downloading it HERE. 1.8mb approx.

I think I got impatient when the screen kept freezing after attaching the file to the post. It's my damn slow PC!
NiGHTMARE
Thanks once again smile.gif.
igi
RE: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~rabain/images/ar4000.jpg

Pretty neat - there are a couple of monolith type rocks that look particularly fine :-)

How long did it take to put it all together?
Rabain
It took a few hours over several days. Probably about 6 in total.

The hardest part was getting the road to look like a road and not just a drawing on the side of a cliff face.

I thought the monoliths fitted in quite well as road-markers. It's the little touches that make these things special. I like your tileset I have to say, rocks and such are not something that easy to find.

My story was going to be some giants charging passage down the road and pushing wagons off if they didn't get paid, you can see some of the poor unfortunates at the bottom already. The party would have to resolve the problem somehow so that the merchants in the camp at the top can continue on their way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.